News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for musical medea

musical medea Profile Photo
Member Name: musical medea
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: my cool history teacher broke into miss saigon today
 May 25 2005, 01:35:41 PM
when i was in high school my stat teacher and i did shows at the same theatre so whenever we didnt want to do any work, i would get him talking about shows and we always broke out into song...another teacher was teaching about american history and people who killed or tried to kill presidents so broke out into assassins songs...my teacher loved them so much that she know uses them to teach her current classes
re: Chris Columbus video now on the Official RENT Movie Website...
 May 25 2005, 12:12:56 PM
ok maybe its because i had a really long night last night or that im exteremly gitty about something totally not rent related, but i cant remember what the website for the movie is
re: help naming a musical
 May 23 2005, 04:28:20 PM
how about something simple like "much ado" or "bea and ben" hmm or "dogberry"
error
 May 23 2005, 04:25:46 PM
Ms. Jones in How To Succeed in Business with the Palm Beach Principle Players
re: Worst Audition
 May 23 2005, 10:34:30 AM
i had three horrid auditions and cant decided which was worse. one was for hair when i was 12 and i sang castle on a cloud...ahd no idea what the show was about and performed my song on the floor like i was scrubing the floors. the second one was for BTP this year...the piano player had no idea how to play my song even after i said just play the chords if you get lost...lastly i auditioned for j/h and i sang when i look at you from scarlet pimpernel. you would think since it was a fairly know
re: big audition time
 May 19 2005, 01:37:00 PM
i would suggest climbing uphill from last five years, last midnight from ITW, patterns from baby, sailor of my dreams from dames at sea, miller's son from lillte night music, speaking french from lucky stiff, mama will provide from once on this island, and breaking down (cant remember what its from). also a helpful hint, unless you are bringign your own accompianist or bringing a tpae (which most places forbid) be careful singing songs that are too unknown. the piano player provided probably w
re: Past Musical You Would Love to see a Revival of?
 May 18 2005, 11:42:20 AM
PIPPIN!! i love that show!! i would also like to see bye bye birdie (i know it can be seen all around at high schools but its so cute), yeston's phantom, and baby.
re: Today's Birthdays 5/12
 May 12 2005, 10:03:59 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO
ME-EE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!! sorry, but im all excited and i get to celebrate my birthday at rehearsal for a production of How To Succeed In Business!!! (i'm Miss Jones) then the celebration really starts tomorrow at Bradley's Downtown West Palm Beach til they kick us out!!!! only one more year til i can rent a car!!!! :)

re: Seat Fillers for Tony Awards
 May 10 2005, 11:18:15 AM
Thanks for the info!!!!!!!
Seat Fillers for Tony Awards
 May 10 2005, 10:51:08 AM
Ok, so i was not lucky enough to get tickets to the show (thanks to a client calling me on another line), but i was wondering about seat fillers. i know they have them, but dont know how to become one. if you know any info, i would appreciate it!!!!
re: Ever go see a show, open the playbill...then 'woah' somone famous!
 May 6 2005, 11:35:23 AM
when i was in high school many moons ago, i went to see how to succeed with matthew broderick. i knew he was in the show, but it happend to be one of sarah jessica parkers first shows...it was a nice surprise. sadly, i didnt get to meet them at the stage door, but to see a real couple on stage together is so nice...it brought realism to the show and characters.
re: Musicals that SHOULDN'T be done in high schools...but have...
 May 3 2005, 10:33:02 AM
a few years ago my high school did hair (complete with the "nude scene", but with the cast wearing body suits with tattoos), ruthless with full drag for two parts, and drood with all the opium references in tact. we never cut anything and werent afraid to do risky shows. they always turned out fab!
re: alright girls....... open call time! (Hairspray wants a Tracy!)
 Apr 29 2005, 02:46:48 PM
damn! too tall, too old, too far away...oh well :)
re: Favourite Sondheim lyric
 Apr 29 2005, 02:45:08 PM
the slotted spoon wont hold much soup---the slotted spoon can catch the potato-ittw

what i call, enterprise, poppin ****s into pies-st

re: Shows with no real 'roles'
 Apr 29 2005, 01:13:25 PM
i would agree with working...what about world goes round, smokey joe's cafe, and school house rock live?
re: American Theatre Wing Announces 2005 Calendar of Tony Awards Events
 Apr 25 2005, 03:57:48 PM
hey where can i get info on tickets for the tonys? my friend and are want to come up from florida to see them, but i didnt see anything about tickets to the public. please help! tony season is my fav of the year...it is just ahead of college football season :)
re: Hercules
 Apr 21 2005, 02:35:26 PM
i thought i had heard the disney was looking at making aladin and hercules the next two shows for broadway. i might be wrong, but those would be the most logical choices. i dont ever see the little mermaid or mulan coming to broadway, so those two are really the only shows left to do in my eyes.
re: Best bio ever!
 Apr 18 2005, 02:16:42 PM
i had a friend who thanked the smurfs for making him laugh when he was younger and another who thanked donald trump for his great hair.
re: What to wear...
 Apr 18 2005, 02:14:44 PM
I agree with the professional look for your non-dancing section. I always wear a long sleeve shirt and either a black skirt or pants and my black character shoes. The dacne section I wear black jazz pants too, but I wouldn't wear a black leotard too. If you want to wear a black leotard, I would wear a tank top on top that is the same color as your top from the non-dancing section. It helps the judges remember you when you wear the same colors.
re: irritating voices
 Apr 18 2005, 02:09:28 PM
i simply cant stand patty lupone's voice...it is so nasal i cant stand it!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You