pixeltracker

A NON b*tching Tony nominee thread- Page 2

A NON b*tching Tony nominee thread

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#25re: A non-b*tching Tony nominee thread
Posted: 5/10/05 at 5:31pm

PACIFIC OVERTURES WAS NOT IGNORED!! YAH!

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

MargoChanning
#26re: A non-b*tching Tony nominee thread
Posted: 5/10/05 at 5:31pm

They rarely worry about last year's winners presenting (mainly because few Tony winners are known to a national audience). Presenters are generally the biggest star names they can find, regardless of whether they have any relationship whatsoever to theatre. Remember last year? Presenters included P Diddy, LL Cool J, Renee Zellwegger, Jimmy Fallon, Sigourney Weaver and Scarlett Johanssen.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

Sporti2005
#27re: A non-b*tching Tony nominee thread
Posted: 5/10/05 at 5:40pm

yay for all the DRS nods!! woohoo!! go DRS!! (more specifically norbert leo butz....)

"grace, you're stuffed in a box getting rid of ass plaque. let's face it, this evening is a bust."

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#28re: A non-b*tching Tony nominee thread
Posted: 5/10/05 at 5:44pm

Jonathan Tunick's Best Orchestrations nomination for Pacific Overtures had me elated.

But I am very surprised they nominated Sieber over Borle and Curry/Azaria over Pierce.

And I really wish The Frogs had taken Spamalot's Score slot.

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.

Act4ever Profile Photo
Act4ever
#29re: A non-b*tching Tony nominee thread
Posted: 5/10/05 at 5:46pm

So happy for Celia in Spelling Bee... didnt see it, but she just looks so cute and I heard her voice on some recording and she just sounded so good! yay for her! and yay for Sutton!!!

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#30re: A non-b*tching Tony nominee thread
Posted: 5/10/05 at 5:47pm

I almost forgot....

I was SO happy to see Phillip Bosco's nomination for Twelve Angry Men!!
I'm glad his early abscence from the show didn't take away his opportunity to be recognized for his brilliant performance.

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#31re: A non-b*tching Tony nominee thread
Posted: 5/10/05 at 6:04pm

Yes, the score for Frogs was brilliant

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

CostumeMistress Profile Photo
CostumeMistress
#32.
Posted: 5/10/05 at 7:11pm

Avatar - Isaac, my blue-fronted Amazon parrot. Adopted 9/7/07. Age 30 (my pet is older than me!)
Updated On: 2/7/06 at 07:11 PM

ashley0139
#33re: A non-b*tching Tony nominee thread
Posted: 5/10/05 at 7:49pm

Extremely happy for Sutton, Sherie, and Norbert.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife