News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Act4ever

Act4ever Profile Photo
Member Name: Act4ever
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Something Rotten Special Preview Performance  Feb 18 2015, 06:52:40 PM
http://www.broadway.com/videos/155913/something-funny-hear-the-songs-and-meet-the-stars-of-broadways-new-musical-comedy-something-rotten/#play
SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring  Dec 22 2014, 02:06:45 PM
Okay. Well, to each his own. I didn't see the video and so I have no idea what they performed on it. However, I'd imagine that it was from the season announcement, which I would guess was nearly a year ago... and having seen the entire thing after a 4-week developmental workshop in October, I thought it was quite good and very funny.
SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring  Dec 22 2014, 01:53:20 PM
Indicates that it's not an original musical?
SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring  Dec 22 2014, 01:37:56 PM
Don't have one. Only that I saw the workshop and loved it.
SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring  Dec 22 2014, 01:21:57 PM
DROWSY had a cast of 15. SOMETHING ROTTEN boasted a cast more than double that. I suppose what I really meant is that all three of them are musical comedies, but that you just can't as easily compare ROTTEN to either of the others. I'd say it's more ALADDIN/BOOK OF MORMON in how "big" it feels. DROWSY was far more intimate.
SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring  Dec 22 2014, 01:12:45 PM
SOMETHING ROTTEN is a big, splashy, musical comedy that's not really comparable to GENT'S GUIDE or DROWSY.

Liza's Headband, why do you say it's not completely original? It's not based on a book, movie, tv show, short story, accepted idea, biblical story, or whatever. All the music is original. It's not based on someone's life or on true events. It's a completely fictional, and brand new, story.

SOMETHING ROTTEN making the bold move to skip an out of town tryout based on th

SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring  Dec 21 2014, 09:52:38 PM
Saw the workshop.
It's wonderful.
Buy your tickets, or don't.
Regardless, hooray for a new musical opening and let's all root for it.

SOMETHING ROTTEN! takes the St. James in the Spring  Dec 19 2014, 09:41:24 AM
To be fair, the "fine print" said that $15.95 tickets subject to availability. Applicable only to specified performance date and times. All sales final; no refunds or exchanges. Seating restrictions may apply. Telephone/ Internet orders subject to Telecharge.com service fees. Prices subject to change and offer may be revoked at any time. Limit 4 tickets per order.

...seating restrictions may apply... They weren't completely lying. All tickets that are currently on sale are only $15.95.

Sydney Lucas - Fun Home  Dec 22 2013, 02:53:35 AM
Paul Masse conducted the show tonight

He conducted THE LANDING as well... I wonder if that's why John Kander was in the house

Fun Home to Return to The Public September 2013  Aug 8 2013, 11:17:29 PM
The Public's season (including FUN HOME) was announced back in April... not only is this old news, the news of FUN HOME returning wasn't a secret. Kuhn was in the Lab production. The only new members of the cast are one of the young boys and Cerveris.
Violet at Encores  Jul 18 2013, 01:41:17 AM
I love the fact that the actress who plays VIOLET doesn't "wear" a scar. It IS horrific and she was brutally injured. It gives us as an audience a very interesting job. This scar that has haunted her for her entire life and is the inciting incident for everything that happens in the story is OUR JOB to envision. What do we perceive as ugly or horrific? (Or what would be ugly or horrific to her) Does it matter how disfigured her face is?

I ADORED Shuler Hensley's performance in THE

The Public's 13/14 Season  Apr 16 2013, 03:02:53 PM
Good Person? -- But yes, very exciting!
Sideway Stories from Wayside School  Mar 13 2013, 10:17:08 AM
Susan Schulman Literary Agency: 212.713.1633

She is Louis Sachar's agent and could get you that information. The adaptation is decent.

Matilda Cast;  Dec 5 2012, 07:09:43 PM
Gabriel Ebert (of 4000 Miles) will be playing Mr. Wormwood

That was announced at the bottom of this article:

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/15/matilda-musical-names-four-stars/

Fun Home to Return to The Public September 2013  Nov 5 2012, 01:24:46 AM
Is it? The Anspacher is a thrust space and this show, especially in the form that it's currently staged in, would be more suitable in a proscenium theater - like the Newman, where GIANT is currently playing.
Fun Home to Return to The Public September 2013  Nov 5 2012, 01:10:05 AM
At The Public's Block Party Oskar Eustis made an off-the-cuff comment when introducing the FUN HOME performance that it would be back in the fall. (And I'm sure it won't be in the Anspacher)
'GIANT' first preview  Oct 30 2012, 01:33:00 AM
It's a 17-piece orchestra
First Preview of The Performers  Oct 23 2012, 11:23:40 PM
I have to agree with After Eight. Yes, I was certainly laughing at some things (and I enjoyed Graynor's performance). But ultimately, it felt like a Saturday Night Live sketch that laster far past its punch line. I did some laughing with it and some laughing at it. And moments where I had to wipe the innuendo off of my forehead. Either that or swat it away because I saw it coming from so far away. I was flabbergasted that the audience laughed so heartily at the poorly created sexual innuen
Public Theater  Sep 18 2012, 11:18:13 PM
The show is in Public Lab, but it is not AS minimal of a production as people are making it out to be. There is a full design, it's fully staged, and completely realized. There is video/projection design, a complete set, etc. The budget is less than what a full production would be, the piece is still being developed, and critics are not invited to the show. That's ultimately what makes it Public Lab.

And while the show is sold out, it's not completely sold out. It's currently only

Jeanine Tesori-Lisa Kron Musical Fun Home Will Debut at the Public; Judy Kuhn to Star By Adam Hetrick  Sep 11 2012, 09:51:50 PM
It's playing in the 99-seat Shiva Theater and is going to sell out FAST. Buy tickets as soon as you can. Especially since they're only $15.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You