Maul the matchmaker!

Up In Won
#0Maul the matchmaker!
Posted: 5/11/05 at 6:52pm

Okay, I've tried to be nice, and tried not to post this, but after listening to Al Molina today, U have to, Now, I adore Harvey, don't get me wrong, but the person who woke up and thought, "Hm! Today is the say we need to cast Harvey as Tevye!" Must have been on crack. Honestly, I try not to bash *I DO bash, but I try not to), but this was ridiculous. I found myself laughing at some points where there was no reason to be laughing simply becauseof the way he sounded. I remember when this was first announced, people were miffed, but my theroy was 'Hell, he's an actor!' Hell was I wrong! I think my ears bled.

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.
Updated On: 5/11/05 at 06:52 PM

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1re: Maul the maychmaker!
Posted: 5/11/05 at 6:53pm

I can't stand his singing voice, and I haven't seen Fiddler, but from everything I've heard/read, he got that part because he's quite and actor, NOT for his vocals.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Up In Won
#2re: Maul the maychmaker!
Posted: 5/11/05 at 6:56pm

Well, he flounced around the stage like he was Edna all over again. His singing? I don't think I'd call it that. When he tried to speak, or sing in somewhat of a tender voice, oy! And forget him yelling, he just sounded like himself. It was so sad, I really wanted to like him in it.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#3re: Maul the maychmaker!
Posted: 5/11/05 at 7:15pm

"Flounced around the stage" sounds pretty homophobic there, UpYours. Did you mean it that way or are you bigoted by accident?

luvtheEmcee
#4re: Maul the maychmaker!
Posted: 5/11/05 at 7:15pm

Uh oh....

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#5re: Maul the maychmaker!
Posted: 5/11/05 at 7:16pm

I don't know this poster, Emcee. Is he another RodneyK?

luvtheEmcee
#6re: Maul the maychmaker!
Posted: 5/11/05 at 7:21pm

Probably not, but still.... uh oh....

InfiniteGirl Profile Photo
InfiniteGirl
#7re: Maul the maychmaker!
Posted: 5/11/05 at 8:07pm

He's warm and wonderful and haimische as Tevye. And he's sold a few tickets, too.

Plum
#8re: Maul the maychmaker!
Posted: 5/11/05 at 8:11pm

You know, you can point out the inappropriately "flouncy" body language of a gay actor without being a homophobe.
Updated On: 5/11/05 at 08:11 PM

Up In Won
#9re: Maul the maychmaker!
Posted: 5/11/05 at 8:36pm

Wow. Funny, when I think of gay men, I don't think of teh word 'flounce'. I didn't even MENTION anyone being gay. YOU'RE the one who chose to take it that way, I did not mean it that way. I don't believe the term flounce is related only to gay man. I suppose you learn something new everyday!

Up In Won
#10re: Maul the maychmaker!
Posted: 5/11/05 at 8:40pm

Further more, I have no problem with gay men (or women for that matter) at all. Believe it or not, the theatre is NOT the only place where a number of men happen to be gay. I doubt you know anything of the horseshow world, do you?

Videos