CAMELOT: Is It Boring?

The Grovers Corners Yenta
#25re: CAMELOT: What's it about?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 2:52pm

Camelot is both awesome and amazing. And you of all people should know this Dollypop because you were just a small lad during King Arthurs time.

"Friends are the people you chose as family."....Me.

jackson992
#26re: CAMELOT: What's it about?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 4:39pm

I just played Mordred a couple years ago when we did this show. However the song I sang was called The Seven Deadly Virtues. I kind of got a kick out of a reviewer calling me Satanic:)

riv
#27re: CAMELOT: What's it about?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 5:25pm

Another fabulous score by Lerner & Loewe.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#28re: CAMELOT: What's it about?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 5:41pm

i like it but it is too booky..... anyone know what i mean..... it is jam packed with dialouge

Dollypop
#29re: CAMELOT: What's it about?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 6:00pm

We do our shows with only a piano for accompaniment. Will it matter in this case?

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

jim Profile Photo
jim
#30re: CAMELOT: What's it about?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 6:45pm

Guess I'm in the minority but I LOVED the film version. Works much better for me than on stage. Same goes for OLIVER! Now the Paper Mill production of CAMELOT was pretty good. I saw a summer tour last summer with Goulet as Arthur. It was awful....slow. Needed some cuts.

MyDreamsRecurring Profile Photo
MyDreamsRecurring
#31re: CAMELOT: What's it about?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 7:30pm

"(Warning- DO NOT watch the movie!! It was horrible and a complete waste of time!)"
what? the classic movie with richard harris?! its fantastic!

"No two shows are alike in the making. Each show is a living piece of your life in a small unreal world with its own character and integrity; its own new set of memorable experiences and incredible happenings. You begin to love and adapt to its strangeness. Dreams harden into substance. Values come into focus. You wish it would never end. The dream world vanishes like mist before a rising sun; part of you vanishes with it. And back you land in the real world with a thud- fogged, uneasy, jittery, difficult to get along with. There is only one cure. A new show. A new, small unreal world; new visions, experiences, incredible happenings. Again you love it, adapt to it, wish it would never end. But end it does. Another part of you vanishes. That's show business."-Anonymous

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#32re: CAMELOT: What's it about?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 8:09pm

I think the play is one of the best of it's time - beautiful music, good book, interesting plot. I'd pay to see a revival on Broadway. The movie on the other hand - yuck - only worth watching Lance...one of the hottest actors ever (and I'm so tired, I can't think of his name.)

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

MusicalDirector109
#33re: CAMELOT: What's it about?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 8:29pm

Franco Nero played Lance in the film version. I find the film tedious. I really love the show but it does need cutting in some areas of the book. Too many marches and processsions in the score.