News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
WindyCityActor Profile Photo
WindyCityActor
#1re: Which Show should I do?
Posted: 7/26/05 at 10:51am

Are you offered roles in all three?

For your age....my opinion...Hello Dolly.

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#2re: Which Show should I do?
Posted: 7/26/05 at 10:56am

Not quite sure what you mean: are you in them or are you directing them?

BwayBoy25
#3re: Which Show should I do?
Posted: 7/26/05 at 10:58am

barnaby and cornelius are great roles in dolly...if you are a strong dancer...then chorus line

hear the beat...

Broadway_Bound_Star Profile Photo
Broadway_Bound_Star
#4re: Which Show should I do?
Posted: 7/26/05 at 11:12am

A chorus line.

Well, did you get offerered a part? or what?

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#6re: Which Show should I do?
Posted: 7/26/05 at 11:15am

Do you mean to AUDITION for them? Or do you already have a role in them?

This is my signature.

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#8re: Which Show should I do?
Posted: 7/26/05 at 11:18am

Why don't you just audition for ALL of them? And then take whatever you get. If you happen to get more than one offer, you can use the suggestions made here.

This is my signature.

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#10re: Which Show should I do?
Posted: 7/26/05 at 11:20am

I think you should audition for all three as well; you may be cast in a role you would have never dreamed of and have a great time. And you don't want to audition for one show, not get it, and then be left doing nothing, right?

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#12re: Which Show should I do?
Posted: 7/26/05 at 11:29am

okay, so if it's annie or dolly, pick dolly...i think you'd have more fun and the audiences will probably be better (or at least larger)

apdarcey
#13re: Which Show should I do?
Posted: 7/26/05 at 11:55am

i would audition for as many as you can and see what you get offered.

idinarocksmysocks!510 Profile Photo
idinarocksmysocks!510
#14re: Which Show should I do?
Posted: 7/26/05 at 12:00pm

I'd choose Dolly over AGYG. But I'm partial to that musical (I did it once and was Dolly Levi) But also try out for Chorus Line. That has great oppoutunities (spelling... shoot me!). Break-a-leg!

you say i'm weird! look at everyone you're sitting with! and hey, those guys over there just threw napkins up in the air like they were on something! it's contajous! you can't help it!

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#15re: Which Show should I do?
Posted: 7/26/05 at 12:14pm

Hello Dolly is probably your best shot at a decent role. A Chorus Line is my pick of the three, but unless you're a kickass dancer, it's a tough show to get. I can't stand Annie Get Your Gun.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

musicals4ever Profile Photo
musicals4ever
#16re: Which Show should I do?
Posted: 7/26/05 at 12:19pm

definitely dolly over annie...gun

i was actually in them both last summer, and even thought i thought i was going to hate dolly...it was a lot of fun.
annie...not so much.

"From out of the blue, It's green for go, I'm in the pink, Kissing a philosopher really Colors the way you think."~Bright Lights, Big City

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#17re: Which Show should I do?
Posted: 7/26/05 at 12:20pm

I think you'll look great in Dolly's red finale dress.....

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

apdarcey
#18re: Which Show should I do?
Posted: 7/26/05 at 12:21pm

m4e, did you do cloc last summer?

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#20re: Which Show should I do?
Posted: 7/26/05 at 12:33pm

In order I'd pick
1st, A Chrous Line
2nd, Hello Dolly (have done this one and it was great fun!)
3rd, Annie Get Your Gun

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#22re: Which Show should I do?
Posted: 7/26/05 at 1:09pm

Is ACL using original choreography? If you feel that you are not a strong dancer then I would not get my heart set on getting cast in ACL. Best of luck dude and break a leg at your auditions!

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

Videos