News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WindyCityActor

WindyCityActor Profile Photo
Member Name: WindyCityActor
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://michaelpacas.wix.com/michael-pacas
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Songs About Revenge by Women
 Jun 8 2022, 10:55:37 AM

Great Song! Thank you!

Broadway Songs About Revenge by Women
 Jun 8 2022, 10:39:59 AM

I have a friend who is working on a cabaret show about women seeking revenge. She's looking to create a medley of songs from Broadway shows.

I already suggested:

Greens Greens from Into the Woods

Just You Wait Henry Higgins from My Fair Lady

Leave You from Follies

I'm sure there must be others. Can you recommend any?

Jun 3 2019, 10:16:30 AM

Thank you so much!

Tootsie: Lyrics to What’s Gonna Happen
 Jun 3 2019, 09:37:34 AM

Does anyone have the lyrics to the comic patter song, What’s Gonna Happen from TOOTSIE?

I’d like to have it transcribed in order to perform it at a gala benefit. And before I try to unravel it, I was wondering if anyone already had.

I found two clips on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/oplFjnTCOqw

https://youtu.be/FNV76IEknqc

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. If anyone knows another comic patter song, please let me know, but it has to be from a Broadway musical which has premiered since 2000.

Unsee Me
 Nov 21 2018, 02:35:37 PM

YIKES I know the  playwright!

In Chicago: The Gentleman Caller, a play about William Inge and Tennessee Williams that starts with a terrible scene with Inge forcing himself on Williams and flails about from there."

I almost added The Gentleman Caller, but Inge's monologue about the monkeys having sex with the cats on zoo island was just so beyond bad that I couldn't stop laughing and wound up having a great time. If I live to be 100 that m

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD Previews
 Nov 21 2018, 02:20:25 PM

And old college chum is in the cast...I’m so proud of him!

2018 BWW Thankfulness Thread
 Nov 21 2018, 02:15:30 PM

1.) I’m very grateful for my husband of over 26 years. Good times and bum times, we’ve seen them all and, my dear, we’re still here. The last few months have been especially challenging for me, and he’s been there supporting me all along they way.

2.) I’m grateful to my good friends from Chicago who have remained in touch since our relocation to the Palm Springs area. Despite the distance, their love stretches over the miles.

3.) I’m grat

Hairspray...searching for shoes!
 Aug 30 2018, 01:02:38 PM

Thanks for the suggestion of Beverly Hills! They had several options. Despite my profile name, I moved from Chicago around to years ago to the Palm Springs area.

Hairspray...searching for shoes!
 Aug 29 2018, 04:16:24 PM

Hello All!

I’ll be playing Edna in a local production of HAIRSPRAY!

Does anyone have a good source for ladies’ high heels with a thicker heel? Ladies’ size 15!

Stiletto heels are readily available, but my choreographer suggested a shoe with a thicker heel, especially for the dancing in the finale.

Any help would be appreciated!

Michael

Seeking Umbrella Shooting Shotgun for WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF?
 Jul 5 2018, 12:30:49 PM

Thank you.  I am aware of the proper guns that pop out the “bang” flag.....but I was hoping to find something much more dramatic....hence, the umbrella.

Seeking Umbrella Shooting Shotgun for WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF?
 Jul 4 2018, 12:06:35 PM

Hello Everyone!

Sorry for the inexcusable absence.....much has happened. 

Actually, I ought to be called PalmSpringsActor now. My husband and I moved about two years ago.

Need your help....I'm directing a production of WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF? (because I'm a masochist and can't resist a challenge)...and I'm in search of a realistic shotgun which shoots an umbrella....as referenced in the script and as seen in the movie. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdEcPD2A6Zk

I've already contacted a couple of props shops and the Mark Taper Forum.

Any leads would be appreciated......of course, my budget is rather modest, and the production only runs for four performances.

Thanks!

Windy

Bawdy Lyrics for Well Known Broadway or Disney Songs?
 Jan 19 2015, 09:57:42 PM
I can....but I know there are people around here that are wittier and filthier!
Bawdy Lyrics for Well Known Broadway or Disney Songs?
 Jan 19 2015, 09:53:00 PM
Hello Everyone,

I have a very special event in which I need really risqué lyrics to well known Broadway or Disney songs......Gay themed or Fifty Shades of Gray in tone would be especially wonderful.....just so long as the tune is immediately recognizable and the lyrics are bawdy!

Mucho Thanks,

Windy

War is a Science (Pippin) - Does Anyone Have the Revised Lyrics?
 Dec 25 2014, 10:43:48 PM
Thank you so much...I played the role of Charlemagne back in 2000....and I saw the production last year....and I was like "Wha!" But the new lyrics will be very helpful to me!
War is a Science (Pippin) - Does Anyone Have the Revised Lyrics?
 Dec 24 2014, 12:09:27 PM
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have a copy of the revised lyrics to War is a Science? I'd like to include the new version in my musical theater audition book. I already have the musical from the original score.

Best Regards,

Windy

Rock Songs for Mature Baritone? - Audition Selection
 Dec 12 2014, 10:46:55 AM
Hey All!

I'm rebuilding my musical theater audition book, and I'm looking for a rock (not pop) song to include in my selections. Something appropriate for a tall, physically imposing baritone in his mid-50's. Hopefully, something from a stage musical.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Windy!

Good Place for Lunch in the Theatre District?
 Aug 28 2013, 09:29:34 AM
Hey All,

Just saw Jinkx Monsoon in THE VAUDEVILLIANS.....incredible experience!!

Seeing PIPPIN this afternoon, but want to know if there were any suggestions for places to grab lunch prior to the performance.

Regards,

Windy

The Vaudevillians?
 Aug 12 2013, 02:44:01 PM
I'm seeing it on the 27th and I CANNOT WAIT!!
Worst show mishap
 Aug 6 2013, 11:49:00 AM
I was in a production of Hamlet which was cursed.

Leartes - eye injury during duel scene
Hamlet - severe ankle strain during duel scene
Polonius - Kidney stone attack
Claudius - Concussion while walking into a support column.

Seeing THE VAUDEVILLIANS and PIPPIN....Hotel Recommendations?
 Aug 5 2013, 03:30:38 PM
Wow Sally! Thank you!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You