pixeltracker

JOHN WATERS early films musicalized!- Page 2

JOHN WATERS early films musicalized!

JohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
#25re: JOHN WATERS early films musicalized!
Posted: 8/8/05 at 9:18pm

The fact that 'come on, daddy, f**k me' is now a song chorus gives me hope that the world is worth saving.

Marc Shaiman Profile Photo
Marc Shaiman
#26re: JOHN WATERS early films musicalized!
Posted: 8/9/05 at 12:12am

John Waters=funniest man on earth

Mimi Imfurst
#27re: JOHN WATERS early films musicalized!
Posted: 8/9/05 at 3:42am

He really is. Incredibly smart and I think one of the represtors of Americanism on film. Please everyone, if you haven't buy all his film and his books.. you won't regret them.

At my bar we play Waters on repeat. We've even managed to get the audio for the whole turner/stole prank calls on CD and take turns alternating roles. It's like true west, but better.

NYC's Most Retarded Drag Queen The Mimi Show: hosted by Mimi Imfurst features Broadway stars Tuesdays @ 10:30pm Weekly! June 13th: Hairspray's Michelle Dowdy, June 20th: Aida's Lori Ann Strunk, June 27th: Composer Katie Thompson No Cover- No Drink Minimum OW BAR: 221 E 58th Street (between 2nd and 3rd) www.owbar.com

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#28re: JOHN WATERS early films musicalized!
Posted: 8/9/05 at 3:50am

LaChuisa...eat your heart out. THIS is true art.

Hah...WAY too much my kind of humour. In fact...I used to do this for movies I loved.

Akiva

Winokur_fan Profile Photo
Winokur_fan
#29re: JOHN WATERS early films musicalized!
Posted: 8/9/05 at 4:42am

I must tell you Marc, my friend Crystal and I were so inspired by your musical montage that we decided to create shirts saying "I would not suck your lousy d***..." "...if I was suffocating and there was oxygen in your balls" We are currently on our way back to Wal-Mart b/c me being the dumbass that I am, I screwed up the first iron on transfer. I'll try to post a picture this weekend. Later!

~*~Fairytales do come true~*~ Keala Settle: Aloha, Sistah! It's all good...<3<3<3

exedore
#30re: JOHN WATERS early films musicalized!
Posted: 8/9/05 at 5:45pm

This was brilliant, and playing it on a loop is about all that got me through half an hour at work today.

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#31re: JOHN WATERS early films musicalized!
Posted: 8/9/05 at 6:29pm

That was Bloody Brilliant.

It makes me proud to be from Baltimore.

iluvtheatertrash
#32re: JOHN WATERS early films musicalized!
Posted: 8/9/05 at 6:53pm

Oh, Marc, how I love thee!

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

KindnessofStrangers
#33re: JOHN WATERS early films musicalized!
Posted: 8/9/05 at 6:57pm

<>

Hey, is this from the GLAAD awards last year? I remember the controversy that surrounded this not being allowed to be performed at the ceremony that honored John.

Marc Shaiman
#34re: JOHN WATERS early films musicalized!
Posted: 8/9/05 at 7:07pm

yep, when they heard it at rehearsal, some people from GLAAD said it was "not suitable" (or words to that effect

Now, they asked Tracy Ullman (have you HEARD the language on her show?!?!) and me (SOUTH PARK co-lyricist)to put together a performance for the night's honoree JOHN WATERS and then objected to THEIR HONOREES OWN WORDS BEING USED!!!!!!

as you can imagine (you KNOW how fiesty I can get!) I freaked out on them, but to no avail. We were forced to cut in in half the presentation to include ONLY the "no dirty words" part.

silly, huh?

exedore
#35re: JOHN WATERS early films musicalized!
Posted: 8/9/05 at 7:11pm

Very silly.

Also, is it OK to share this around outside the BWW community?

KindnessofStrangers
#36re: JOHN WATERS early films musicalized!
Posted: 8/9/05 at 7:33pm

Yes, I'm based in L.A. and remember this well. The word hypocrisy was bandied about quite a bit. A friend is a journalist who was going to report on the story but John didn't want to go on the record about it so the story was dropped.

Thanks for finally sharing this, Marc!

yarn769fink034
#37re: JOHN WATERS early films musicalized!
Posted: 8/9/05 at 7:45pm

I was having the worst day until now.
”Guess there are just tow kinds of people…”
Thank you Marc Shaiman,I’m singing that to my co-workers when I go back to work.

Marc Shaiman
#38re: JOHN WATERS early films musicalized!
Posted: 8/11/05 at 9:02am

thanks, but go rent the movies!!!! Hell, don't rent 'em, BUY THEM!

Marc Shaiman
yarn769fink034
#40re: JOHN WATERS early films musicalized!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 7:24pm

I do own them.But It was fun to look at my co-works as I started to sing "I Guess theres 2 kinds of people."
It would hvae been fun if you could have done something fom all his movies. I would have loved to hear "Hello is this the C**K suckers Residence..." sung.lol

Menken Fan Profile Photo
Menken Fan
#41re: JOHN WATERS early films musicalized!
Posted: 8/12/05 at 10:48pm

Hysterical!! My friends and I have those old Waters movies committed to memory, and the musicalization is killing us! Other favorite lines that I guess didn't make the cut - "Dawn Davenport's eating a meatball sandwich right out in class, and she's been passing notes", "They're just jealous because we're prettier than they are", "Those aren't my cha-cha heels!", "I'm afraid rats are gonna run right out and bite my nylons", "I'll have two chicken breasts please", "Just because you've got them big hooters doesn't mean you're something special',"Please remove yourself from my office", "I've got something for your face, m**f**", "Pretty, pretty?", "Pretzels give you plaque", and "Writing a book, hippie?"

John Waters is a genius.
Updated On: 8/12/05 at 10:48 PM