Bare a pop opera in England?!

renthead2005z Profile Photo
renthead2005z
#0Bare a pop opera in England?!
Posted: 8/25/05 at 1:06am

I was talking to someone last night, and i heard that Bare was playing in England...is this true?

"Why do we play with fire?-Why do we run our fingers through the flame?"

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#1re: Bare a pop opera in England?!
Posted: 8/25/05 at 1:32am

I think we would have heard about it by now.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

courtneyanne Profile Photo
courtneyanne
#2re: Bare a pop opera in England?!
Posted: 8/25/05 at 3:27am

Yeah, I've actually heard something about that too.

Eastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
#3re: Bare a pop opera in England?!
Posted: 8/25/05 at 4:41am

I am feeling very out of the loop having not heard anything about this, and it's not on any of the internet message boards. Any news about exactly where over here it's playing?

courtneyanne Profile Photo
courtneyanne
#4re: Bare a pop opera in England?!
Posted: 8/25/05 at 4:53am

I don't remember specifics, or if its even fact at all...but I remember somebody mentioning this a few months ago.

jgph
#5re: Bare a pop opera in England?!
Posted: 8/25/05 at 5:18am

Whoever told you that is speaking out of their a*s. Bare is not playing anywhere in the world, let alone the UK.

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#6re: Bare a pop opera in England?!
Posted: 8/25/05 at 10:10am

jgph "Bare is not playing anywhere in the world, let alone the UK. "

Is not actually true. The rights to Bare have been released for regional theatres, and there are currently a lot of productions in the works in the US right now.

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

QueenS
#7re: Bare a pop opera in England?!
Posted: 8/25/05 at 10:15am

Maybe it's "Bear: the Pop Opera," the musical version of "Bearfoot in the Park."

*ClassicVintage* Profile Photo
*ClassicVintage*
#8re: Bare a pop opera in England?!
Posted: 8/25/05 at 12:50pm

umgeoboy, though the rights to BARE have been officially 'released' the company that owns them right now is still trying to decide what they are going to do with them- give them to MTI etc. As far as I know, one theatre has been granted the rights up to this point, and they are on the East cost. I'm not sure if it has even been cast yet, so 'in the works' might not even apply to their production.

Beyond talent lie all the usual words: discipline, love, luck- most of all endurance.

Videos