Liza in Fort Lauderdale

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#0Liza in Fort Lauderdale
Posted: 10/9/05 at 1:35am

Liza is back!!! and her voice sounded amazing....the stadium was about a 85% full, she sang "i'm my own best friend" from "chicago", "so what" from "cabaret" and a song from "on a clear day you can see forever", she said she wouldn't sing "over the rainbow" because the song belongs to her mother. She also sang "and the world goes round","new york new york","cabaret" and "the man i love".

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

crazy smiles Profile Photo
crazy smiles
#1re: Liza in Fort Lauderdale
Posted: 10/9/05 at 1:48am

TOTALLY UNFAIR! I leave Florida for the reasons of being extremely boring and a month later Liza is all up in Ft. Lauderdale. I shouldn't complain cause she was up here for the Katrina Benefit, but I'm broke and couldn't see her. Gosh diggity damn! Seems like you enjoyed it. Congrats.

muscle23ftl
#2re: Liza in Fort Lauderdale
Posted: 10/9/05 at 3:02am

The tix here went from like 60 to 100...but i think they had just the last row for 60...all the tix were from 80 to 100 bucks. So if u r broke u couldnt have seen her anyhow...so...dont be frustrated.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#3re: Liza in Fort Lauderdale
Posted: 10/9/05 at 3:56am

So I the second I leave Miami, Liza f*cking decides to go to Ft.Lauderdale?!!!! What the hell is this? She needs to visit Gainesville or some place close, which will never happen. I can't believe you saw her live, *tears* Was she fabulous?!!!! Did she do Liza with a Z? Did she talk about Fred Ebb?

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Urban
#4re: Liza in Fort Lauderdale
Posted: 10/9/05 at 5:16am

I know it was a stadium, but I cannot help see 'Fort Lauderdale' (or anywhere in Florida for that matter) and picture Liza doing a dinner theatre production of "Mame".

Flight0017 Profile Photo
Flight0017
#5re: Liza in Fort Lauderdale
Posted: 10/9/05 at 10:59am

I'm seeing her in Denmark next week, I can't wait!

"Curse you, Lady Glyde!"

muscle23ftl
#6re: Liza in Fort Lauderdale
Posted: 10/9/05 at 11:53am

Ray...she didn't do "liza with a z" but she did mention Kander and Ebb and she said she heard a girl singing one song with a pianist...during a show....between the matinee and the night show....and she went "i love this song, this is what im all about" and she asked the girl who wrote that song and she said "2 new composers" and she got their address and just went over to Kander and Ebb's apt. and John opened the door and said "hi..what can i do for you?" and she said "i want to be in one of your shows...i dont even want to be the star...just a part in it...even if im 2 minutes onstage" and he went "you gotta be kidding!" and then she sang a song they wrote for her.

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#7re: Liza in Fort Lauderdale
Posted: 10/9/05 at 3:46pm

Actually the show wasn't completely sold out - I was comped at the last minute. I hadn't really thought about going and wasn't expecting much - consequently I was completely blown away. The show was amazing - though a highlight for me was her doing "So What" from Cabaret.

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#8re: Liza in Fort Lauderdale
Posted: 10/9/05 at 3:53pm

I saw here in Mesa, AZ two weeks ago. They only sold 60% of a 1600 seat theatre. The crowd was very appreciative though.

I am glad she got the audience she deserves there in Ft. Lauderdale and that you enjoyed yourself.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#9re: Liza in Fort Lauderdale
Posted: 10/9/05 at 4:00pm

Aww, that story about Liza meeting Kander & Ebb is soo touching, the three of them make such a great team. She's going to Clearwater and Melbourne here in FL, why? I mean, I had never heard of those places, she should go to UF! I can't believe you guys saw her, I admire her so much, specially since she is so upfront about her problems with drugs, it's truly great to see how she overcame it. Did she do Liza's Back? Fred Ebb wrote the song for her.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

muscle23ftl
#10re: Liza in Fort Lauderdale
Posted: 10/9/05 at 5:03pm

no she didnt do "Liza's back" u know....Clearwater is about an hour or 2 from UF u can go see her anyhow....and SouthFLmarc...i said the concert was about an 85% sold..who said it was sold out? READ!

WISHIHADATONY Profile Photo
WISHIHADATONY
#11re: Liza in Fort Lauderdale
Posted: 10/9/05 at 7:49pm

there is a review by Beau Higgins, the broadwayworld critic on the site now. On the "frontpage" under Reviews. He agreed with all of you. Wish I had been therere: Liza in Fort Lauderdale

"Blow out the candles Robert and make a wish. Want something, want SOMETHING."

Videos