Wicked Partial View

30/90 Playout
#0Wicked Partial View
Posted: 10/13/05 at 11:34am

I am going to be seeing Wicked, but the only seats avaliable for the specific day are Partial View. Any opinions on those seats? Are they worth it? What do you miss?

Anastasia_Beaverhausen Profile Photo
Anastasia_Beaverhausen
#1re: Wicked Partial View
Posted: 10/13/05 at 11:42am

I would not suggest sitting in the row A partial view seats. I sat there and although it was fun to be so close and see some off stage stuff, as well as all the hot chorus boys up close, I don't feel like I really SAW the show. It was a totally different experience from when I have seen the show before. Further back would probably be a lot better. :)

amperage
#2re: Wicked Partial View
Posted: 10/13/05 at 12:24pm

Do not buy the partial view seats. Let me preface this by saying that I'm pretty easy when it comes to seating, but I lost A LOT of the show. Also, I found it very distracting that at the performance I saw, I was close enough to see & hear several ensemble members totally out of character and clearly having little personal joke moments during the show. I would rather have sat in the balcony. The show is just so big that it's hard to take in from a very close seat, especially a very close seat on the side.

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#3re: Wicked Partial View
Posted: 10/13/05 at 12:25pm

If you've seen the show in full view before, then partial view is fine. But if you're seeing it for the first time, I don't reccomend partial view.

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#4re: Wicked Partial View
Posted: 10/13/05 at 12:38pm

Well if nothing else is available and you can't wait, buy them. Take what you can get with Wicked, beggers can't be choosers.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

BroadwaynSeventh Profile Photo
BroadwaynSeventh
#5re: Wicked Partial View
Posted: 10/13/05 at 12:41pm

Well if u r buying them at the $55 price then its ok but when I got mine someone duped me into buy them for $150 each.... not cool!

lfae Profile Photo
lfae
#6re: Wicked Partial View
Posted: 10/13/05 at 9:45pm

Wicked is worth *anything*, but that said, I wouldn't have wanted my first time seeing it to be partial view. You don't miss much, but you DO miss some things completely - I was on the end of the front row and the whole birth scene was masked by ensemble. Now this was my 4th time seeing it so I wasn't bothered, but the poor people behind me were craning their necks trying to figure out what was going on...

Of the main action though, you really don't miss much, if anything. A lot of entrances if they're on the side you're on, but you won't miss anything vital. And it's really fun if you're nice and close re: Wicked Partial View

Videos