pixeltracker

Rent Soundtrack Disc 2 Labeling?

Rent Soundtrack Disc 2 Labeling?

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#0Rent Soundtrack Disc 2 Labeling?
Posted: 10/19/05 at 8:47pm

This is a weird question.

I was transferring the Rent Soundtrack, which I bought from Amazon, to my MP3 player (I know, I know, get an iPod already) and the songs on Disc 2 seem to be mislabled when they were ripped/transferred. For example, La Vie Boheme A is track 10, I shold tell you 11, and La Vie Boheme B is 12. Instead of 1, 2 and 3. Does anyone else have this problem? I tried to relable the songs to match the titles, but am still having troubles.

Before I call Amazon, I wanted to see if anyone else was having similar problems

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#1re: Rent Soundtrack Disc 2 Labeling?
Posted: 10/19/05 at 8:50pm

I had it say "Halloween" but it was actually playing "Goodbye Love" on my iPod.

Probably a distribution error.

And yes...GET AN IPOD. re: Rent Soundtrack Disc 2 Labeling?

BroadwaynSeventh Profile Photo
BroadwaynSeventh
#2re: Rent Soundtrack Disc 2 Labeling?
Posted: 10/19/05 at 8:50pm

Yeah that happened to me when I was transfering mine to WMP. I bought mine at specs though.

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#3re: Rent Soundtrack Disc 2 Labeling?
Posted: 10/19/05 at 8:54pm

on my itunes it said something like

Composer: Jonatthen Larsen

YouWantitWhen????
#4re: Rent Soundtrack Disc 2 Labeling?
Posted: 10/19/05 at 9:04pm

Patronus - did you see the Wild Party Yet?

And, I have "iPod on my Hannukah list for this year.

#5re: Rent Soundtrack Disc 2 Labeling?
Posted: 10/19/05 at 9:25pm

Is the CD in the wrong order, or are the track in the right order and labelled correctly on the CD packaging but just wrong when ripping?

The names of the tracks aren't actually included on the CD; it wasn't part of the original design of the CD. When your computer wants to see what the name of a CD and its tracks are, it checks it out from the CDDB database on the internet. Which are user-submitted entries, so they can be wrong.

Technical explanation: the computer sees how many tracks there are, how long each track is, then it checks CDDB to see if there are any albums entered that had the same length for each track. Chances of 2 having the same length is rare.

YouWantitWhen????
#6re: Rent Soundtrack Disc 2 Labeling?
Posted: 10/19/05 at 9:29pm

They are in the correct order when played on a CD player. When you rip them from the CD-ROM to the computer, the tracks come up in a different order.

I am just glad it is not me. I may manually load the songs one by one to make sure they are in the right order, rather than doing it as a disc, to see if that helps.

Thanks.

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#7re: Rent Soundtrack Disc 2 Labeling?
Posted: 10/19/05 at 9:31pm

Tell me how it works out. It did the same thing on my iPod mini and I thought I was going crazy.

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

.LittleWing. 0224 Profile Photo
.LittleWing. 0224
#8re: Rent Soundtrack Disc 2 Labeling?
Posted: 10/19/05 at 10:08pm

i had this same exact problem. not sure if this makes any difference, but i didn't buy my cd from amazon, i bought it from barnes and nobles. any idea how to fix it?

Kevo711 Profile Photo
Kevo711
#9re: Rent Soundtrack Disc 2 Labeling?
Posted: 10/19/05 at 10:18pm

When I play it in the car, it plays in the order listed on the back of the case. On windows media player, it plays i the order, but the songs are labeled wrong or something like that.

YouWantitWhen????
#10re: Rent Soundtrack Disc 2 Labeling?
Posted: 10/19/05 at 10:49pm

I am sure someone more technically adept on this board will have some suggestons. I just manually renamed them and may upload them one at a time to see if it helps. I am not sure that will work though.

Videos