Wicked Offers Saturday Morning Behind-the-Scenes Tours - theatermania.com

CapitalEss
#0Wicked Offers Saturday Morning Behind-the-Scenes Tours - theatermania.com
Posted: 10/20/05 at 1:25am

Has anyone done this? Is it worthwhile?

EnterSL
#1re: Wicked Offers Saturday Morning Behind-the-Scenes Tours - theatermania.com
Posted: 10/20/05 at 11:27am

Ive never gone, but Im 100% sure it is!:) i cant wait to go!

Becky
#2re: Wicked Offers Saturday Morning Behind-the-Scenes Tours - theatermania.com
Posted: 10/20/05 at 11:57am

I went on the first week - and it was very nice. They have costumes (Idina's black dress, Kristin's opening dress, Joel's wizard outfit, and others), props, photos, masks, a set design model, etc. upstairs in the lobby area for you to walk around and view. A couple of cast members conducted the tour - and spoke about some of the things in the lobby. Then they took us into the theater and shows a video (as they talked a little bit about the show), and then they conducted a question/answer session afterwards. The question/answer thing was very interesting (I guess depending on what questions are asked!), but I learned a LOT about how the show is run, what happens behind the scenes during a performance, etc.

I would highly recommend taking the tour - it was incredibly interesting.

kasim Profile Photo
kasim
#3re: Wicked Offers Saturday Morning Behind-the-Scenes Tours - theatermania.c
Posted: 10/20/05 at 12:08pm

i have another question, i saw this ... it said something about sellign to tickets for that week that week ... is their anyway to get them in advance?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#4re: Wicked Offers Saturday Morning Behind-the-Scenes Tours - theatermania.c
Posted: 10/20/05 at 12:26pm

So do you ever actually go backstage? Or does it all take place in the lobby, and then inside of the theater?

It sounds as if they're cleverly telling you you don't go backstage by calling it a Behind the Scenes tour and not Backstage Tour

Becky
#5re: Wicked Offers Saturday Morning Behind-the-Scenes Tours - theatermania.c
Posted: 10/20/05 at 3:34pm

No, you never go backstage.

It would have been nice to go back, but with the large group of people I'm guessing it would be tough to manage taking everyone back (I've been back there before and there never would have been enough room for us all to fit comfortably.)

Also, those hoping for a "making of" film with original cast members will be disappointed. It mainly features clips and interviews with the touring cast (Stephanie and Kendra, etc) and the creative team -- with very few clips of the broadway cast (in fact, I don't remember if there were any at all...hmm.....)

It's still completely worth it though....

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#6re: Wicked Offers Saturday Morning Behind-the-Scenes Tours - theatermania.c
Posted: 10/20/05 at 3:37pm

Ooooh, I'd MUCH rather see interview with the touring cast then a making of film clip anyway! :)

Becky
#7re: Wicked Offers Saturday Morning Behind-the-Scenes Tours - theatermania.c
Posted: 10/20/05 at 4:17pm

I'd MUCH rather see interview with the touring cast then a making of film clip anyway

It *is* a "making of" film, just with the touring cast. But I'm guessing you'll be happy either way re: Wicked Offers Saturday Morning Behind-the-Scenes Tours - theatermania.c

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#8re: Wicked Offers Saturday Morning Behind-the-Scenes Tours - theatermania.c
Posted: 10/20/05 at 4:31pm

Yeah - too bad I'm in L.A.

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#9re: Wicked Offers Saturday Morning Behind-the-Scenes Tours - theatermania.c
Posted: 10/20/05 at 10:58pm

What about the speacial merchandise?

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

Videos