Current Lion King Tour

Merrydothe Profile Photo
Merrydothe
#0Current Lion King Tour
Posted: 11/5/05 at 2:11pm

A friend and I are going to see The Lion King at the Providence Performing Arts Center-and I was just wondering, has anyone else here seen this touring company? How does the show stack up next to the NY production. Any experiences or thoughts would be much appreciated by me. Thanks!

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#1re: Current Lion King Tour
Posted: 11/5/05 at 2:15pm

The set is scaled down or so i hear.

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#2re: Current Lion King Tour
Posted: 11/5/05 at 2:17pm

the only part of the set that is scaled down is pride rock. Instead of coming out of the floor like on Broadway, it comes out from the wings.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

GClef2 Profile Photo
GClef2
#3re: Current Lion King Tour
Posted: 11/5/05 at 2:20pm

I saw it in buffalo, and you will thouroughly enjoy this production. Timone and Puma are hysterical, and Nala and Old Simba are stunning. The "Can you Feel the Love Tonight" scene is absolutely breath taking. This cast is flawless.

"The only way we live beyond our lives is to connect and carve ourselves into the souls of those we love." -Little Fish

GClef2 Profile Photo
GClef2
#4re: Current Lion King Tour
Posted: 11/5/05 at 2:21pm

I saw it in buffalo, and you will thouroughly enjoy this production. Timone and Puma are hysterical, and Nala and Old Simba are stunning. The "Can you Feel the Love Tonight" scene is absolutely breath taking. This cast is flawless.

"The only way we live beyond our lives is to connect and carve ourselves into the souls of those we love." -Little Fish

RentBoy86
#5re: Current Lion King Tour
Posted: 11/5/05 at 4:06pm

I saw it here in Bham, not sure if its the same cast. The two best parts of the show were Timone & Pumba. The sets were really cool. Adult Simba wasn't good at all. He was way too animated for his role, although I'll give him props on his singing. I didn't think anything was scaled down, although I didnt find the "Can You Fell The Love Tonight" scene breath taking at all. I was just confused as to why people were dancing and why simba and nala weren't embracing? They were on opposites sides of the stage starring off into the distance. But, it is pretty cool. I had a backstage tour before I saw the show, so some of the "wow" factor was gone, since I had already see the costumes. But id def. recommend it.

billyrubin Profile Photo
billyrubin
#6re: Current Lion King Tour
Posted: 11/5/05 at 11:18pm

My wife & daughter saw Lion King at the PPAC & thought is was great! Hope you have good seats & an awesome time-

Videos