pixeltracker

The Role of Abel in CHILDREN OF EDEN...

The Role of Abel in CHILDREN OF EDEN...

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#0The Role of Abel in CHILDREN OF EDEN...
Posted: 12/2/05 at 10:55pm

I have a great chance of getting the role of Abel in Children of Eden for my school's spring musical.

I've never seen the show. Only familiar with the music. I know he has the big power duet with Cain, and is in a few other songs.

But can someone tell me - if he has a nice amount of stage time? Is it a good role, or is it pretty thankless?

theatreboi11
#1re: The Role of Abel in CHILDREN OF EDEN...
Posted: 12/2/05 at 11:03pm

He comes in toward the second half of act 1. The way the show is written is that all the parts are double cast. If I remember correctly cain then plays the major part in the second act as well (well major after Noah). While Cain does not have a super amout of stage time, he has one of the best songs in the show. It really isnt a duet but definatly a power house song!

(Martha Graham from a letter to Agnes de Mille) "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening That is translated through you into action, And because there is only one of you in all time, This expression is unique. If you block it, It will never exist through any other medium And be lost. The world will never have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, Nor how valuable it is, Nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours, clearly and directly, To keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep open and aware Directly to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open. No artist is pleased. There is no satisfaction whatever at any time. There is only a queer, divine dissatisfaction, A blessed unrest that keeps us marching And makes us more alive than others."

dididda Profile Photo
dididda
#2re: The Role of Abel in CHILDREN OF EDEN...
Posted: 12/2/05 at 11:16pm

an okay sized role, but if you give it your all definetly memorable

""the gays love their presents. just wave something shiny in front of their faces, you can get whatever you want. Thats how we got manhattan from the gay indians" -Karen (W&G)"

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#3re: The Role of Abel in CHILDREN OF EDEN...
Posted: 12/2/05 at 11:19pm

Thanks for the info guys.

I should've stated we are not doubling the parts. So I would be Abel in act 1, and a storyteller in act 2.

theatreboi11
#4re: The Role of Abel in CHILDREN OF EDEN...
Posted: 12/2/05 at 11:38pm

the thing with this show is that the storytellers are truely the leads! So I would say being Cain and then storyteller is a pretty big part in the show.

(Martha Graham from a letter to Agnes de Mille) "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening That is translated through you into action, And because there is only one of you in all time, This expression is unique. If you block it, It will never exist through any other medium And be lost. The world will never have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, Nor how valuable it is, Nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours, clearly and directly, To keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep open and aware Directly to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open. No artist is pleased. There is no satisfaction whatever at any time. There is only a queer, divine dissatisfaction, A blessed unrest that keeps us marching And makes us more alive than others."