pixeltracker

Girls Weekend In NYC - Need Ideas

Girls Weekend In NYC - Need Ideas

Jacinda Profile Photo
Jacinda
#0Girls Weekend In NYC - Need Ideas
Posted: 12/13/05 at 1:34am

I'm going to NYC with a group of 20 something single women in Feb. Can anyone suggest a good musical or play? Nothing too commercial or over publicized, please. Maybe something off-beat . . . we are from a city that sees a lot of off broadway tours, so I guess I'm looking for the obscure :) Thanks much, Jac

All the thanks in the world to despair.com for my avatar - it's like you know the story of my life.

StageWhore Profile Photo
StageWhore
#1re: Girls Weekend In NYC - Need Ideas
Posted: 12/13/05 at 3:23am

Sweeney, from what I've heard.

"`I grow old... I grow old... I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.` What does that mean, Mr. Marlowe?" "Not a bloody thing. It just sounds good." He smiled. "That is from the `Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock.` Here's another one. `In the room women come and go/Talking of Michael Angelo.' Does that suggest anything to you, sir?" "Yeah -- it suggests to me that the guy didn't know very much about women." "My sentiments exactly, sir. Nonetheless I admire T. S. Eliot very much." "Did you say, 'nonetheless'?" - The Long Goodbye by Raymond Chandler

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#2re: Girls Weekend In NYC - Need Ideas
Posted: 12/13/05 at 8:01am

A great play: In The Continnum, every 20 year old girl should see it.
Musical: Spelling Bee and Avenue Q.
I also think you should see Jersey Boys, it is a lot of fun.
(Added bonus cute boys)

musiclover
#3re: Girls Weekend In NYC - Need Ideas
Posted: 12/13/05 at 8:23am

The Color Purple is a MUST SEE

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#4re: Girls Weekend In NYC - Need Ideas
Posted: 12/13/05 at 8:47am

I love the Color Purple.
Can you spend a week?
If you want a really powerful play I would see In The Continnum. Updated On: 12/13/05 at 08:47 AM

Heather1533
#5re: Girls Weekend In NYC - Need Ideas
Posted: 12/13/05 at 10:27am

Naked Boys Singing?

jsand25 Profile Photo
jsand25
#6re: Girls Weekend In NYC - Need Ideas
Posted: 12/13/05 at 2:30pm

Light in the Piazza, an incredible story about romance in italy. What girl wouldn't like to fall in love with an Italian? At least so I've heard....

Avenue Q is a great choice also!!!

Updated On: 12/13/05 at 02:30 PM

Videos