Musical DVDs

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#0Musical DVDs
Posted: 12/16/05 at 6:05am

Just wanted to mention, I was doing some holiday shopping and found some SUPER LOW prices on some Musical DVDs, So if you don't have a lot of cash to spend but still desire to give a nice gift, Check out your local (It begins with a T and ends with a T) Store, I got a few for 5 bucks each, NEW! Jingle Bells!

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

renthead2
#1re: Musical DVDs
Posted: 12/16/05 at 7:27am

hey I have a question - I was looking at IMDB.com and is there an AIDA movie?? is it a musical? and did Uma Therman make a Les Miz movie too? I was looking at the Les Miz one, and it didn't say anything about it being a musical so did they take the songs out?

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#2re: Musical DVDs
Posted: 12/16/05 at 7:33am

Yes...there was a Les Mis movie, non-musical. I've never heard of an Aida film..I'm assuming it's the opera.

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#3re: Musical DVDs
Posted: 12/16/05 at 7:59am

I saw the Uma film, she plays "Fantine", but it is not a musical.

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#4re: Musical DVDs
Posted: 12/16/05 at 8:26am

Could this mystery store be TargeT?

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

lesmisforever Profile Photo
lesmisforever
#5re: Musical DVDs
Posted: 12/18/05 at 11:07pm

There have been several films done of the opera AIDA, but not of the musical. Les Mis is not yet a musical- there are also several movies of Les Miserables based on the BOOK, not the musical. News articles claim that next year (2006) they are going to do a huge farewell Les Mis concert (21st anniversary) and then soon after start working on the movie. C.M. wants to get a director that respects music, though- so it's a hard process. They do have a CONCERT of Les Mis called "Les Miserables in Concert" which is good, so pick that up if you would like to.

"I have a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#6re: Musical DVDs
Posted: 12/19/05 at 1:25am

The T store has the lowest prices so far this year, But I noticed great deal at the B store as well as at the one with the yellow tag, GREAT selections too! LOTS of Broadway stuff too, selling quickly I was told!

no1fosterluvah
#7re: Musical DVDs
Posted: 7/16/08 at 7:58pm

they're making a musical version in 2010. There is a video recording of the opera I think...

"a bad title, even? That could kill a show pretty good." -Little Sally Urinetown

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#8re: Musical DVDs
Posted: 7/16/08 at 8:02pm

I also saw that there some book called Les Miserables. I wonder if it's based on the musical.

....but the world goes 'round

Videos