Dog See is God

outovfashion07
#0Dog See is God
Posted: 1/17/06 at 8:28pm

Anyone who has seen this, I want thoughts.
Updated On: 1/18/06 at 08:28 PM

iluvtheatertrash
#1re: Dog See's God
Posted: 1/18/06 at 1:27pm

As a Charlie Brown fan--

I had so much fun at this. More fun than I've had at the theater in a VERY long time. This is one of the funniest, most interesting and creative and enjoyable plays of the season. Run, don't walk, to the theater.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#2re: Dog See's God
Posted: 1/18/06 at 1:41pm

Well, for the dissenting side, I'll say I wasn't bored, and one of the performances (Keith Nobbs) was quite good; other than that, it was flimsy and had a few cute jokes, but nothing to pay good money to see--if you get free tix, go, otherwise, your money is better spent elsewhere.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#3re: Dog See's God
Posted: 1/18/06 at 1:59pm

For $25, it's fantastic. It's very funny, but unfortunately fails to be "moving" when it tries. I definitely recommend it, though.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

OddExoticCreature Profile Photo
OddExoticCreature
#4re: Dog See's God
Posted: 1/18/06 at 2:16pm

Eliza Dushku was talking about it on Conan last night, it sounds interesting.

--Like an odd exotic creature on display inside a zoo, hearing children asking questions makes me ask some questions too...--

outovfashion07
#5re: Dog See's God
Posted: 1/18/06 at 2:43pm

I saw it on Saturday and I'm still not sure what I thought about it. Still being in H.S. I saw alot of real parallels that hit very close to home, I've been in the same place as C.B. and Beethoven so I really felt for them. I've known alot of people that tried suicide and that scene at the end in the classroom where all the kids are talking about it, C.B.'s reaction was very true. All of the sterotypes were amazingly played, especially Ian Somerlander as Matt, the homophobic Jock. He reminded me of many people at my school. Overall I think it was good but it needs some work. All of the performances were exceptional, 10's for everyone.

Garland Grrrl Profile Photo
Garland Grrrl
#6re: Dog See's God
Posted: 1/18/06 at 3:14pm

i'm very interested in your punctuation. i thought it was a comment on the show...but maybe not.

Mind is Mantra.

jimmycurry01
#7re: Dog See's God
Posted: 1/18/06 at 3:23pm

I to am interested in this production. I hadn't heard about it until I watched Conan the other day. It sounds like an entertaining idea.
And Galand Grrrl, quit with the message board snobbery. This is not formal writing here, If that is what you are looking for, I recomend one of the may theatre journals available for purchace at your local book store.

Magdalene Profile Photo
Magdalene
#8re: Dog See's God
Posted: 1/18/06 at 3:27pm

I'm glad to see the input myself---I have a ticket to see it in February!

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"

Codeman109
#9re: Dog See's God
Posted: 1/18/06 at 3:34pm

I recently saw it during the beginning of January and I thought it was great. I felt that the girl that played Patricia(Patty) used a very annoying voice. Almost like a female version of Cartman from South Park. All the performers were great, I found the show to be hilarious and very well done. They all came out afterward and are very nice in person as well.

Garland Grrrl
#10re: Dog See's God
Posted: 1/18/06 at 3:37pm

umm, excuse me, i honestly though the OP was making a comment on the show by the way he/she posted the title. i don't think accuracy is a bad thing. you need to look at the very deliberate, condescending tone of your post if you wish to discuss message board SNOBBERY.

Mind is Mantra.
Updated On: 1/18/06 at 03:37 PM

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#11re: Dog See's God
Posted: 1/18/06 at 3:43pm

Garland Grrrl is, like the rest of us, only trying to read the post as the poster intended. If the grammar is particularly bad, that makes it difficult.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#12re: Dog See's God
Posted: 1/18/06 at 3:51pm

I really enjoyed the show. Kelli Garner had me on the floor, and I found the ending somewhat moving.

Roninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
#13re: Dog Sees God
Posted: 1/18/06 at 3:51pm

Outovfashion07, hear our plaintive cry. Fix the punctuation. I can't bear it. I've done it for you here, but only you can prevent obvious grammatical mistakes on the main page.

Remember. The power is yours.

Just to help you remember, the title of the play is not Dog See is God but rather Dog Experiences the Sight of God. In other words, Sees.

yr ronin,
joey

outovfashion07
#14re: Dog Sees God
Posted: 1/18/06 at 3:56pm

Better...

If you don' have anything to say about the play, then don't post. I don't care about my grammer. If I wanted to hear someone bitch about my grammer then I would listen to my english teacher.

Garland Grrrl
#15re: Dog Sees God
Posted: 1/18/06 at 4:03pm

grammar and punctuation are not the same. now that i know what you're talking about i will comment that i enjoyed this play the way i enjoy a decent SNL skit. i appreciate it for what it is, knowing that the good parts are fleeting and that it's bound to end badly. keith nobbs is indeed very good. was a bit disappointed after the hype,etc on all the movie star types.
ps. i'm with lildogs on the cost/satisfaction ratio. if i didn't have a comp i would have been miffed.

Mind is Mantra.
Updated On: 1/18/06 at 04:03 PM

Roninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
#16re: Dog Sees God
Posted: 1/18/06 at 4:05pm

Grammar. Several people have already demonstrated how to properly spell the word. It might do you some good to listen to your english teacher.

I think ultimately it's a better idea to just watch your grammar and spelling rather than become defensive about it. In a matter of weeks, I guarantee you'll notice a miraculous difference, and then everybody feels better about themselves.

Don't get me wrong. Gabriel Garcia Marquez is an admitted poor speller. But then again, he's Gabo. I'm not saying anything to him.

yr ronin,
joey

RydBrst
#17re: Dog Sees God
Posted: 1/18/06 at 4:39pm

I think it's one of the best shows Off-B'way (or on for that matter.)

outovfashion07
#18re: Dog Sees God
Posted: 1/18/06 at 4:46pm

I would really like to see it win some awards. I don't know if this is possible but it needs too.

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#19re: Dog Sees God
Posted: 1/18/06 at 4:48pm

There's a possibility for Outer Critic's Circle!

tagiunagi
#20re: Dog Sees God
Posted: 1/18/06 at 4:56pm

Is this a musical or play?

Question: Will Esparza win for The Homecoming? BobbyBubby: I hope so. If only for the mental health of many people on this board.

RydBrst
#21re: Dog Sees God
Posted: 1/18/06 at 5:00pm

It's a play.

It's already won some awards apparently -- the GLAAD award, and the Fringe for the year it was in.

Roscoe
#22re: Dog Sees God
Posted: 1/18/06 at 5:23pm

I thought it was a terribly lame play, like an extended Saturday Night Live sketch. It tries to add some depth to the silliness by resorting to a tiresome depiction of homophobia and gay-bashing that felt more dictated by the need for a big emotional finish than because the playwright really has anything to say. Basically, the best thing about the show is the high quality of the acting and the production.

Save your money.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

Kicks8567
#23re: Dog Sees God
Posted: 1/18/06 at 5:40pm

I first saw this show in the begging of December and I originally bough tickets because of the cast; however, the show was amazing! I am going for my 4th time on Sunday!

Videos