Eden Clarifies Evita Rumors

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#0Eden Clarifies Evita Rumors
Posted: 1/21/06 at 8:28pm

Guys--

Got this message from Eden today when I asked about how long she was staying with "Wicked" and if she was doing "Evita," since strong rumors came out this weekend that she was indeed taking the part. Here's what she said:

"hey nick! you are a smart boy. glad you came to me and asked....i'm not leaving to do evita.....i will be with the show till around oct probably......so come on down! have a great weekend! xo, eden "

So there it is. She IS only staying nine months, but not doing Evita.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

#1re: Eden Clarifies Evita Rumors
Posted: 1/21/06 at 8:31pm

I get to see her in March and prolly again in August.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#2re: Eden Clarifies Evita Rumors
Posted: 1/21/06 at 8:32pm

Is it hard to write "probably?"

A work of art is an invitation to love.

bwayondabrain
#3re: Eden Clarifies Evita Rumors
Posted: 1/21/06 at 8:32pm

if she had done evita, would it have been the national tour or the west end one? sorry im new to this subject
i personally think she wouldve made a great eva...

zzprincesskatt Profile Photo
zzprincesskatt
#4re: Eden Clarifies Evita Rumors
Posted: 1/21/06 at 8:35pm

Em, it IS hard to spell out probably. You just don't understand the enormous amount of effort it takes to put in two extra letters.

#5re: Eden Clarifies Evita Rumors
Posted: 1/21/06 at 8:36pm

No, I dont know why I did that- probably because Im on AIM at the same time and I used a AIM type spelling- I hate myself for doing it. People usually get mad at me for being all correct grammar person on AIM.

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#6re: Eden Clarifies Evita Rumors
Posted: 1/21/06 at 8:36pm

West End.

Alceste2 Profile Photo
Alceste2
#7re: Eden Clarifies Evita Rumors
Posted: 1/21/06 at 8:41pm

Maybe they will try Julia out on the tour. If Julia does well (I'm sure she will!) perhaps they will replace Eden with her.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#8re: Eden Clarifies Evita Rumors
Posted: 1/21/06 at 8:45pm

Alceste, the way things are scheduled right now, Julia might not be able to replace Eden.

This leg of the tour wraps in the end of November and starts up again in the end of March. Although I think Julia is going to be AMAZING, I highly doubt they'de pull her from the tour a month or so before it ends to send her to Broadway. T

The only way would be if Eden extends, or if they put on the standby or someone else for the gap between the two, like they are doing for Nessa with Cristy and JLG. Who knows?

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 1/21/06 at 08:45 PM

lfae Profile Photo
lfae
#9re: Eden Clarifies Evita Rumors
Posted: 1/21/06 at 9:01pm

Oh boy...I wonder if I can manage to get over in Sep again...I was aiming for Jan but that'll be too late re: Eden Clarifies Evita Rumors

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#10re: Eden Clarifies Evita Rumors
Posted: 1/21/06 at 9:07pm

ClumsyDude15, you hate yourself for doing it? Oy! See? Look at what you grammar freaks are doing to our poor innocent youth! It's ok darlin', we'll keep them grammar freaks away from ya...

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

#11re: Eden Clarifies Evita Rumors
Posted: 1/21/06 at 9:39pm

re: Eden Clarifies Evita Rumors

Videos