pixeltracker

Help Finding a Show for a Festival

Help Finding a Show for a Festival

*ClassicVintage* Profile Photo
*ClassicVintage*
#0Help Finding a Show for a Festival
Posted: 1/28/06 at 1:15pm

I am part of a directing team for a high school festival and we were told that the show that we chose cannot be done at the festival this year. Does anyone know of a show that has a fairly large cast(or can be adapted as such) with really good female lead roles? I tried to search on MTI but all of the ones that came up still had the star being a male. Thanks in advance.

Beyond talent lie all the usual words: discipline, love, luck- most of all endurance.

Broadway_Boy
#1re: Help Finding a Show for a Festival
Posted: 1/28/06 at 4:40pm

The Wizard of Oz

Check out the app Todaytix if you haven't already for theatre tickets around the world. My referral code is DGHVR

OOTI2004 Profile Photo
OOTI2004
#2re: Help Finding a Show for a Festival
Posted: 1/28/06 at 7:56pm

Mame
It has three really good female roles, and there are a couple numbers that can use a large ensemble.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#3re: Help Finding a Show for a Festival
Posted: 1/28/06 at 9:54pm

Annie
Flora the Red Menace( some male roles but not insurmountable)

Magical_Ms._Mistoffeles_72 Profile Photo
Magical_Ms._Mistoffeles_72
#4re: Help Finding a Show for a Festival
Posted: 1/29/06 at 4:37pm

I know its over done, but Chicago, I dont know about the large cast thing but its got its females. What was the show that couldnt be done?? Hairspray is another good one, Gypsy, Chorus Line, Cats...

These are just thoughts, hope they help

Join me on journey that is the development of my first musical! Twitter/Insta @gimpymusical FB: Gimpy The Musical email @gimpymusical@gmail.com for more info!

Videos