pixeltracker

"High Flying Adored" from Evita a ballad?

"High Flying Adored" from Evita a ballad?

AugustBurns2 Profile Photo
AugustBurns2
#0"High Flying Adored" from Evita a ballad?
Posted: 2/5/06 at 11:57pm

Would you consider "High Flying Adored" from Evita a ballad? I'm going to do this for an audition.

myspace.com/robinsparkles

Chrysanthemum62001
#1re: 'High Flying Adored' from Evita a ballad?
Posted: 2/5/06 at 11:58pm

I would call it a pop ballad.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

AugustBurns2 Profile Photo
AugustBurns2
#2re: 'High Flying Adored' from Evita a ballad?
Posted: 2/5/06 at 11:59pm

It's for Jesus Christ Superstar

myspace.com/robinsparkles

iluvtheatertrash
#3re: 'High Flying Adored' from Evita a ballad?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 12:03am

Good choice, IMO.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

RentBoy86
#4re: 'High Flying Adored' from Evita a ballad?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 12:17am

I didn't get this song. What exactly does High flying adored mean?

timote316
#5re: 'High Flying Adored' from Evita a ballad?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 12:37am

I agree with theatertrash. Very good choice.

Any of Che's pieces would be perfect for Judas, and other way around.

EDIT: Oops! re: 'High Flying Adored' from Evita a ballad? Updated On: 2/6/06 at 12:37 AM

#6re: 'High Flying Adored' from Evita a ballad?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 1:32am

Pretty song. As to what it means? I always thought it's a list of adjectives or even a metaphor to describe Evita's rise to fame/power and then her eventual downfall. You know... "High, flying" as in she was put on a pedestal by her followers and then obviously, "adored". :)

~Rosalynn

iluvtheatertrash
#7re: 'High Flying Adored' from Evita a ballad?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 1:42am

timote, it's THEATERtrash. re: 'High Flying Adored' from Evita a ballad?

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#8re: 'High Flying Adored' from Evita a ballad?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 1:55am

Well, having seeing it within the context of the show, at least on the current tour, to me it seemed to somehow be kind of a debate between Eva and Che, her status had been climbing steadily--with each man moving up--and now she's at the highest status possible, first lady of Argentina. So it seemed that Che was essentially saying what does she do now that she's reached the top, what else can she do, what purpose does she have? Somehow I saw Eva's part as somehow resoluting to still have purpose, to figure out someway to get higher. I mean, I guess all of the lyrics don't necessarily match, but that's the theme I took out of the song when I saw it in the show.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#9re: 'High Flying Adored' from Evita a ballad?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 2:33am

This is such a pretty song, and I agree that it's a nice audition choice for Jesus Christ Superstar. Others have explained it well, but I think the title phrase are words that describe Eva at the height of her popularity: "High-flying; adored..." and then the song goes on to talk about how she got to where she is and seems to ask whether she's happy. And (this is probalby weird) in the context of the song title itself "High Flying Adored" becomes sort of becomes sort of a title for her, i.e. High Flying Adored [One].

timote316
#10re: 'High Flying Adored' from Evita a ballad?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 9:07am

Oops! Sorry, theatertrash, I was working on like 5 hours of sleep in 72 hours lol

cathyhyatt
#11re: 'High Flying Adored' from Evita a ballad?
Posted: 2/6/06 at 9:58am

It's a ballad.

"You won't fight without layers of armor Suit on up and come brace my sword You look back when the pieces are missing Hollowed out hope that no time can restore."

Videos