News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AugustBurns2

AugustBurns2 Profile Photo
Member Name: AugustBurns2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: marie christine  Dec 11 2006, 04:17:02 PM
I love listening to Marie Christine - wish I could have seen it live.

I think it's a thrilling score and I usually don't care for LaChiusa's style. So many interesting turns of phrases like "I won't live in a house of regret" and using the word "beautiful" over and over - love it!

It was weird (because I don't do this), but I was watching Without a Trace on CBS last night and I knew that the young kid (spoiler alert) was a witness to a rape - didn't commit it. So I was thin

re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco  Dec 11 2006, 01:55:08 PM
The Chronicle gave it a spot on review!

I saw the show last Saturday night standing in the cancellation line - glad I did it because it was the last night of $50 tickets! I was able to sit in Row F in the center orchestra, next to other people from the cancellation line. The man sitting to my right saw the show at La Jolla and couldn't wait for his lady friend to see the show too. I asked him how the shows/performances differed. He said that they made some changes from that production

re: 'Jersey Boys' Tour---SF Reviews  Dec 11 2006, 01:38:48 PM
What a spot on review!

I saw the show last Saturday night standing in the cancellation line - glad I did it because it was the last night of $50 tickets! I was able to sit in Row F in the orchestra, next to other people from the cancellation line. The man sitting to my right saw the show at La Jolla and couldn't wait for his lady friend to see the show too. I asked him how the shows/performances differed. He said that they made some changes from that production to the current Broad

re: Did anyone see 'big, The Musical' on Broadway?  Dec 7 2006, 12:55:04 PM
When I first got the CD, I must confess that I didn't like the score. I put it away for a while and listened to it again. I liked it!!

I didn't see the it on Broadway, but I too read that book, "Making it Big". It's a facsinating read!

I disagree with some comments above - I think the touring version was a vast improvement over the original broadway produciton. The replacement songs make more sense - like "Big Boys" taking the place of "I Wanna Go Home". They kept the bett

re: The Appl Tree vs Company  Dec 6 2006, 03:07:29 PM
OK, let me first say that I haven't seen either production, but I would recommend Apple Tree - it's never revived!
re: Clue: The Musical  Dec 4 2006, 12:47:30 PM
I too have always wondered about this show. Didn't it star Denny Dillion? She's such a funny woman!

I also loved the movie and the VCR game. That VCR game was so funny in its own right. My favorite scene was when they were watching TV and there was a special police bullitin looking for Mr. Green or someone similar and he kicks in the tv (on accident) before the report concludes. Later, Ms. Peacock throws the candlestick at a radio (on top of the tv) to stop the police announcement

re: Audition songs for Urinetown  Dec 4 2006, 12:30:26 AM
Pick something that sounds similar like Cabaret or Kurt Weil. In my audition, I said "Married" from Cabaret and I got Tiny Tom/Cop/Dr. Billeaux.

Break a leg!

re: THE BRAIN FROM PLANET X  Dec 1 2006, 03:49:36 PM
Sounds like a fun show! I wish I could be there!

Break a leg!

Please report back, if you can, on how the audience reaction was.

re: Legally Blonde's opening number 'OMIGOD YOU GUYS' is now available to h  Dec 1 2006, 02:13:39 PM
I think it's hilarious! Even the title of "Omigod You Guys" is brilliant. I am sure the song's context will work better with the staging, but I think it's fun!

I can't wait to see it next month!!!

I wish you would watch "Let's Go to the Mall" by Robin Sparkles (from How I Met Your Mother") on that video website. I think it's on the same level as Legally Blonde - fun, silly, and entertaining!

re: Les Mis & 'How I Met Your Mother'  Dec 1 2006, 12:49:06 PM
I saw the cast on the Megan Mullaly show - I love my "Mother"!

Anyway - their duet was hilarious. I can see how Josh would laugh every time they sing the Confrontation.

re: Penn. HS must market Urinetown without using the title  Nov 30 2006, 01:44:38 PM
To Rose_MacShane -

I went to an all-boys school. Our sister school (an all-girls school) participated in our shows, bands, cheerleadering team, etc. We were in their shows (along with another all boys school), their bands, jazz choir, etc.

I just don't understand this controversy about Urinetown. Maybe because I've seen it, been in it, and adore it. Oh, well. I guess I have to celebrate that they are able to do it at all!

There was a theater company that performed

re: Awesomely bad Broadway songs  Nov 29 2006, 04:37:52 PM
I have to say - so many of you are crazy for your selections. Some of you are picking some of the best songs from shows.

But I have to agree on some..

"Move That Thang" From The Wedding Singer

"Chow Down" Lion King - not to mention others from Lion King

some from Jekyll and Hyde...

there are others but I cant't list them now

re: Tourist Moments That Make You Laugh  Nov 28 2006, 01:36:48 PM
Shhh!!!

Please don't spread the word about the Seaport TKTS location. When I visted New York (way back in 2002), this location was amazing with its short lines, next day matinee perfs. I would take the subway, taxis, tour bus line from Times Square and buy tickets for that night's show. Sometimes paid full price like Hairspray and Lion King, but got good deals on shows like Cabaret, 42nd Stret, Chicago (this was again in 2002).

But I agree with other comments above about the

re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love  Nov 21 2006, 01:39:03 PM
Wow, I can't believe how much all of you are giving me shivers reminding me of all these wonderful moments.

I'll add Marie Christine to the list -

The opening chords - and the "I'll be a witness" line.

I love the lyric "I won't live in a house of regret"

Anthony Crivello expressing "No" when he finds out his children are dead.

There are too many to mention - in my opinion.

re: What show are you currently obsessed with?  Nov 21 2006, 01:20:58 PM
I have been listening to Sweet Smell of Success for a few weeks now - but I think I am getting tired of it now.

I want to revisit CDs that I listened to once and put down - Wedding Singer and Mary Poppins. I must confess that I didn't like the recordings at first. It's weird, I know, but sometimes I can't stand a CD on the first listen and put it away for a while. I then get it back out and I think it's genius (or I like it). This has happened to me with the recordings of Godspell (

re: john and jen  Nov 21 2006, 01:04:10 PM
Get the CD!!!!

It's a wonderful, funny, sincere, tuneful score! And the performances are amazing!

I was lucky to see a local theater production of it in Dallas and it's a great show to see live. The audience around me were really affected by the show.

re: Urinetown C.D. Question  Nov 17 2006, 04:25:30 PM
I have to agree. I have always thought that the voices sounded "small" to me - like the mics were far from the talent, especially John Cullum - he has a great loud voice. It just sounds strange - "quality wasn't as crystal" like you say.

It kind of ruins the recording for me - yet I love Urinetown.

This is a photo from our production from it this past October
<--------

re: HS principal says no to Urinetown. Catch: Same HS has done ACL and Les  Nov 16 2006, 02:23:16 PM
Ah, Jeez, not again!

It's just stupid that principals, school boards, and parents don't want their teenagers to perform such an innocent show. They should read it before they pass judgement!!!

It's such a fun show! I was in it about a month and half ago!
<----------

re: Rosie as Hannigan?  Nov 16 2006, 01:56:49 PM
I love the thought of Rosie as Hannigan! I think she would be great in the role personally. I don't think she's that bad of a singer - but I think she's a good actress.

Some other suggestions here for the part sound perfect - Mary Testa, Andrea Martin! Wow!

I saw Sally Struthers in the tour - she was good. I like her. Her voice was raspy, but it was a fun performance!

re: Chester Gregory on the View!  Nov 15 2006, 02:31:02 PM
Oh! Thank goodness!

I have not seen the show - I hear that it's horrendous, but that choreography actually scared me.

Now the whole performance makes sense!!

Thank you!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You