pixeltracker

Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!

Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!

#0Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 1:47pm

West Coast Singers presents
FRONT ROW CENTER
Saturday, March 4, 2006, 6:30 p.m.

With special guests Broadway Stars and Tony Award Nominees
Jane Lanier (Fosse, Jerome Robbins Broadway, Anything Goes)
and Valarie Pettiford (Dancin', Fosse, Chicago)

West Coast Singers (LA's premiere LGBT chorus) presents:

FRONT ROW CENTER, a benefit concert for the chorus and their continued community outreach. This one-night only event includes a killer silent auction, featuring autographed Broadway memorabilia. Lot's of great music, including songs from Chicago, Wild Party, Pippin, Wicked and more! FRONT ROW CENTER will take place at the Barnsdall Gallery Theatre in Barnsdall Art Park, 4800 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood, near the intersection of Hollywood Blvd. and Vermont Ave.

From 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., VIP ticket holders will have the opportunity to meet and mingle with our special guest artists and our emcee, Momma,L.A.'s beloved drag diva hostess. The silent auction and concert begins at 6:30 p.m., with lots of great items to bid on. Plus, enjoy a catered buffet from Food Fetish and a hosted Absolut bar!

General admission $25. VIP $50. It's cheaper than balcony seats at most theaters and you get to meet two incredible Broadway performers.

Tickets: Please visit our website. Under "WCS Member Sponsor" put "lever" so we know that you are from BWW!

WCS Tickets Updated On: 2/8/06 at 01:47 PM

#1re: Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 2:52pm

We just started working on a fun take on a very 'popular' Stephen Schwartz song!

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#2re: Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 3:29pm

Just found out I'll be in LA that weekend, so I'm fairly certain I'll attend this event.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

#3re: Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 4:54pm

Then we'll see you there!

DottieD'Luscia
#4re: Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 6:03pm

I'll be the one in the hat.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

#5re: Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 6:05pm

and nothing else? Oh my....

DottieD'Luscia
#6re: Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 6:22pm

I didn't say that!! (LOL)

#7re: Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 6:35pm

Well, it sure would sell tix!

DottieD'Luscia
#8re: Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 6:38pm

I don't know what to say!

erikaamato
#9re: Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 8:58pm

I wish I could come, but I've got my show that night, too. (And The World Goes 'Round) I'm sure it'll be awesome! (I saw them both in The Wild Party at the Hudson, and they were terrific.)

#10re: Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 9:33pm

They were terrific and they will be doing a number from The Wild Party, so for anyone who saw them here in LA, come out and get another dose!

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#11re: Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!
Posted: 2/9/06 at 12:43am

I saw the Wild Party (TWICE!) and they are totally fantastic! But I am leaving to Tokyo that day so I won't see the show re: Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!

For $25, nobody should miss this concert!

eslgr8 Profile Photo
eslgr8
#12re: Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!
Posted: 2/9/06 at 3:05am

Sounds like a great show, and I saw Valarie and Jane three times in The Wild Party. Unfortunately, as an Ovation Awards voter I'm already booked weeks in advance. But I'm sure you'll be fantastic!

#13re: Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!
Posted: 2/9/06 at 11:28am

Thanks eslgr8...it should be a wonderful night. Sorry you will miss it.

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#14re: Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!
Posted: 2/9/06 at 1:32pm

I won't be able to make it either but you are in for a treat- Jane and Valarie are absolutely fabulous...

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

#15re: Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!
Posted: 2/9/06 at 3:45pm

and even nicer in person!

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#16re: Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!
Posted: 2/10/06 at 2:22pm

i wish i were in LA to join this fabulous party!!!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-
Updated On: 2/10/06 at 02:22 PM

muscle23ftl
#17re: Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!
Posted: 2/10/06 at 2:44pm

the tix are only 25 bucks? i thought it was gonna be like a 100. Damn, i wish we had events like this one in FL.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

muscle23ftl
#18re: Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!
Posted: 2/10/06 at 2:44pm

I think you are forgetting about promoting another celebrity who is gonna be there. You!!!

Updated On: 2/10/06 at 02:44 PM

#19re: Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!
Posted: 2/10/06 at 2:49pm

it's SO not about me...it's about a great night of Broadway music and supporting our chorus and our most important community outreach. :)

muscle23ftl
#20re: Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!
Posted: 2/10/06 at 2:50pm

it's a great cause. I would totally go if it was in FL.

#21re: Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!
Posted: 2/10/06 at 8:36pm

Maybe we will take it on the road!

#22re: Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!
Posted: 2/13/06 at 6:23pm

We have just gotten some great Broadway stuff for the auction, including autographed memorabilia!

muscle23ftl
#23re: Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!
Posted: 2/14/06 at 11:49am

well, i am here waiting. I hope it tours!

#24re: Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!
Posted: 2/15/06 at 2:06pm

It's a one-time-only benefit, so no trips to sunny FLA

re: Tony Nominees Lanier & Pettiford in Concert--L.A. March 4th!