Children of Eden

The3DImaxOfMyMind
#0Children of Eden
Posted: 3/12/06 at 7:22pm

Anybody know anything about this show? A theatre around my area is doing it, any help. Character descriptions of the lead girls would be help-ful. Please and thank you.
-Imax
PS- Pictures would be nice too =)

I like Charlie Brown's hands... "It's like I'm being tied to the hood of a yellow rental truck, being packed in with fertilizer and fuel oil, pushed over a cliff by a suicidal Mickey Mouse."

JustChillin8908
#1re: Children of Eden
Posted: 3/12/06 at 7:25pm

I've never heard of this show either, but my school may be doing it as our fall musical next year.

thez914 Profile Photo
thez914
#2re: Children of Eden
Posted: 3/12/06 at 7:25pm

Edit: nevermind...there's not really any good threads on Children of Eden.

I have a soft spot for this show after seeing a fantastic production of it where the set was a bunch of platforms and flats that were painted with chalkboard paint, so that the performers (including a bunch of cute children) were able to draw in the various surroundings. Very cool.

Check out this link for pictures.

http://www.musicalschwartz.com/children-of-eden.htm#links

"Art is always in crisis: you must work fast to write in the breath on the window." -Edward Bond
Updated On: 3/12/06 at 07:25 PM

dancersmom2 Profile Photo
dancersmom2
#3re: Children of Eden
Posted: 3/12/06 at 7:30pm

Google is a great help too.

It can really be a wonderful production. Our local rep company did it a little over a year ago.
Synopsis and cast list

JudasIscariot Profile Photo
JudasIscariot
#4re: Children of Eden
Posted: 3/12/06 at 8:25pm

It's Stephen Schwartz's best show, I love it.

The3DImaxOfMyMind
#5re: Children of Eden
Posted: 3/12/06 at 9:40pm

I heard people really liked it. What could be done with the set ?

I like Charlie Brown's hands... "It's like I'm being tied to the hood of a yellow rental truck, being packed in with fertilizer and fuel oil, pushed over a cliff by a suicidal Mickey Mouse."

Thesbijean
#6re: Children of Eden
Posted: 3/12/06 at 11:08pm

Amazingly beautiful show.

Great parts, a lot, it depends on if your director will double cast parts in act one and act two.

Videos