News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
Emilia Profile Photo
Emilia
#0Sheet music for 'The Frogs'
Posted: 3/27/06 at 3:12pm

Does anyone know if there is sheet music avalible for 'The Frogs'?? I've tried google and searching on this board but got nothing.

'It was six hours! I don't even like to have sex or eat bacon for six hours!' 'You are faboulous creatures each and every one'

BroadwayNick Profile Photo
BroadwayNick
#1re: Sheet music for 'The Frogs'
Posted: 3/27/06 at 5:22pm

I haven't heard of any sheet music for "The Frogs." It seems to me like there wouldn't be any because it a.) is not a well- known show and b.) didn't run that long on Broadway to become well-known. In some collection of Sondheim book there is "Invocation to the Gods and Instructions to the Audience" but I think thats it...I'm going to go check Google & etc.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. --Dave Berry

RuprechtJr.
#2re: Sheet music for 'The Frogs'
Posted: 3/27/06 at 6:07pm

Pff...when was a Sondheim show unpopular. *scoff*

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#3re: Sheet music for 'The Frogs'
Posted: 3/27/06 at 6:11pm

Whoever holds the rights should have it, isn't it Dramatic Publishing? They can give you a hand.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#4re: Sheet music for 'The Frogs'
Posted: 3/27/06 at 6:13pm

there are, i believe two or three songs (Invocations, Fear No More, ?it's only a play?) scattered around in a couple of the colored sondheim books.

it's quite obscure, but i was surprised to find Fear No More

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

iluvtheatertrash
#5re: Sheet music for 'The Frogs'
Posted: 3/27/06 at 6:30pm

Really would love a copy of Ariadne... *sigh* such a gorgeous song.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

Videos