News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayNick

BroadwayNick Profile Photo
Member Name: BroadwayNick
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Occupation: Student, Hopefull Future Actor-->but aren't we all?

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

So I finally watched Regent Park's Into the Woods...
 Aug 6 2011, 04:00:23 PM
When you download it, is it a one time watch only? Or can you re-watch it once you purchase it?
Audra McDonald leaving Private Practice...
 Feb 11 2011, 01:48:00 PM
According to this article on aol.com...Audra's heading back to Broadway...

"Sources tell BlackVoices.com that the four-time Tony Award winner will be starring in the upcoming revival of the famous Broadway musical 'Porgy & Bess.'

A rep for the show confirmed the news."

FIRST LOOK! Tammy Blanchard as Miss Hedy La Rue
 Feb 8 2011, 08:17:19 PM
It looks like they're trying to play off of the success of Mad Men and the "Joan" character...
Is there another James Earl Jones??
 Aug 4 2010, 12:23:21 PM
Most of the actors in the new Annie Get Your Gun at Ravinia are all Chicago actors, as Ravinia is just outside of the city. James Earl Jones is a Chicago based actor. Usually he goes by James Earl Jones III but he must have dropped it for some reason. I saw him play Mitch Mahoney in the Chicago production of Spelling Bee. I assume its the same actor.
Worst wigs in a production
 Jul 30 2010, 02:22:25 AM
The wigs/facial hair in the London production of Lord of the Rings were pretty god awful. Especially the doorkeeper's in act one before "The Cat and the Moon."
Cast Miss Congeniality the Musical
 Jul 20 2010, 01:44:30 AM
I love the idea of David Yazbeck writing this score. Bravo.
Shows you'd NEVER see again?
 Jul 2 2010, 04:54:06 PM
Godspell.
UGH.

In one word the Tonys were...
 Jun 14 2010, 05:48:42 AM
British.
TONY UPSET PREDICTIONS
 Jun 5 2010, 12:51:17 PM
While I would love to see Ragtime take all their nominated awards, especially Dodge's direction, I can see Steggert taking Supporting Actor more than any other. I truly hope this is a night of upsets.

Personally, I'd love to see Sherie take Actress over CZJ and Glover, and Ragtime take direction over LaCage.

What are your 'no guts, no glory' Tony nomination predictions?
 May 3 2010, 11:31:17 PM
I'm hoping we get a bit of a reprise of the Drama Desks and Ragtime gets a few noms. It was a brilliant revival that shuttered too soon.
re: RAGTIME to Close on Sunday January 3, 2010
 Dec 28 2009, 08:55:44 PM
Honestly, the best theatrical experience I've had in the theatre in a VERY long time. One of the most hardworking, dedicated, and talented casts on the boards right now. I am shocked and saddened.

I hope Christine Noll, Marcia Dodge, and the show get remembered come Tony time. They all deserve the best.

OVER HERE! on Broadway?
 Dec 6 2009, 12:51:57 AM
Over Here! IS being revived regionally in L.A.

Dick Van Dyke, Donna McKecknie, and So You Think You Can Dance's Evan Kasprzak are attached to the project.

re: Correct way to 'rush'
 Dec 2 2009, 10:02:32 PM
I'll be there from the 11th-17th and plan on rushing South Pacific, Hair, and possibly next to normal. Any thoughts?
re: Correct way to 'rush'
 Dec 2 2009, 02:59:17 AM
Fantastic! Thanks so much!
Correct way to "rush"
 Dec 2 2009, 02:53:07 AM
I'm heading to New York in a couple of weeks for the first time on my own, and on a limited budget. However, I want to see a good deal of theatre while I'm there. How do I go about "rush"ing tickets for shows? Is there any other way besides sitting in the TKTS line? Do students get cheaper ticket rates somehow? Any information is appreciated! Thanks!
re: Alice Ripley's Speech
 Jun 8 2009, 01:19:05 AM
Did anyone notice after Alice Ripley's speech, Sutton Foster clapping just a little too hard and clenching her jaw just a bit too much?

Shrek Score at the Tonys...
 May 28 2009, 09:54:17 PM
Alright, so hear me out on this one. I've read a lot of the criticism about this show/score and most say it's "mediocre" and "half of it is good". Now, I've been glued to the Shrek OBCR for about 3 weeks now and I'm addicted. Jeanne Tesori is a genius. Rock, folk, show tunes/production numbers, funk, pop, and ballads abound in her wonderful score. The woman is a virtual chameleon as far as her range of work and it's some of her best stuff (Who I'd Be, anyone?) but I have to wonder, is David Lind
re: If Any Other Musical Were To Win The Pulitzer...
 Sep 21 2008, 02:58:53 PM
Caroline, or Change. There is so much that is wonderful and beautiful about this show. It is smart, sad, funny, and completely original. Should have won the Pulitzer.
re: Worst Tony Award Performance Ever
 Sep 19 2008, 06:09:48 PM
Does anybody remember Sweet Charity's performance...
Yikes.

I also agree with the Grease performance this year...

re: Broadway phrases you use in everyday life
 Sep 18 2008, 01:05:55 PM
I'm partial to "So sad to be all alone in the world" if someone embarasses themselves pretty bad.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You