pixeltracker

Official DREW SARICH Love Thread!- Page 11

Official DREW SARICH Love Thread!

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#251re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/5/06 at 1:34am

I don't even want to think back on how much I've spent in regards to trips to NYC. Just makes my head hurt. LOL

GuyfromGermany Profile Photo
GuyfromGermany
#252re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/5/06 at 6:52am

That's it! There are more pics in the brochure but they are too big to scan...
I hope you enjoyed the pictures... well, obviously you did. *g*

re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!

In the real world the only people who burst into song are the hopelessly deranged...

thespian geek
#253re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/5/06 at 3:50pm

Okay, I am seriously in love with the costumes and set for that show. LOL It's just very... colorful and grand, even though there's still a dark sense to it all.

GuyfromGermany
#254re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/5/06 at 4:32pm

Yes, the production design was really awesome. My only complaint would be that, because of the heavy use of projections, the set sometimes had a very cold and sterile feeling to it...

But the technical aspect of the show was really impressive as well. They used (if I remember correctly) nine platforms that rose out of the stagefloor and they moved so fast! I guess the actors had to be in very good shape *g*

In the real world the only people who burst into song are the hopelessly deranged...
Updated On: 5/5/06 at 04:32 PM

thespian geek
#255re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/5/06 at 5:00pm

Damn, I want to see a production of this!!! *whine*

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#256re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/6/06 at 2:09am

Here's a spiffy link to a fan page about Hunchback, very interesting. There's also a trailer for the show which is quite neat.

Spiffy link

thespian geek
#257re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/6/06 at 3:58am

Someone posted this link on the Drew Sarich LJ community. It's to vote for nominees for the Broadway.com Audience Awards. Drew is up for a nomination for a few (Featured Actor, Breakthrough Performance, ....other things I don't think I can remember at 3AM). So yeah, go vote. re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!

https://survey.livetheatricalevents.com/Surveys/TakeSurvey.aspx?s=BDF96CFCAF734940BE86FAF043F843B5

mrkringas Profile Photo
mrkringas
#259re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/6/06 at 1:18pm

Just been listening to his Jesus on the new German concert recording. Its terrific. Such a raw edge to his vocals and he wails and belts like the best of them.

So is there a recording with him singing Judas? Cause its even higher than Jesus I would love to hear what he does with the role.

I'd also like to add my general love for Notre Dame and damn Disney for not bringing it to Broadway. Its no more dark than Sweeney, West Side Story or Roundabout's Cabaaret. Drew is sensational on the recording but my favourite track remains "Hell Fire". Its raised up a few tones for the big finish and sounds terrific with all the choral backing.

GuyfromGermany
#260re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/6/06 at 7:14pm

Isn't Drew playing Judas on the concert recording? o.O

thespian geek
#261re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/6/06 at 8:21pm

Was there a cast recording for that production of Jesus Christ Superstar where Drew was Judas? Because if there is, then there's that one. But the concert version he did last year was with him as Jesus. Sadly, I haven't gotten my hands on that recording yet, but SOON!

EponineThenardier
#262re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/6/06 at 8:43pm

IS there an offical recording with him as Judas? I didn't think there was, but I'm not sure. On his site theres a page with the CD's his voice is featured on.
CD's

thespian geek
#263re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/6/06 at 9:24pm

I don't think there's an offical recording, no. re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#264re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/6/06 at 9:38pm

One of my friends saw the production in Nyack with Porter and Skinner, and said it was incredible. He's not really a fan of JCS itself, but the entire cast, especially Drew, was apparently fantastic. They should've recorded THAT one! (It was before his jaunt into Europe.)
Review in the NYT

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

thespian geek
#265re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/6/06 at 10:50pm

JCS is my favorite show, so I'm anxious to get my hands on the concert recording, as I've said before. re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!

I wonder who Drew likes playing more: Judas or Jesus?

RAPP'unzel Profile Photo
RAPP'unzel
#266re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/7/06 at 12:50am

you can get recordings with him on http://www.soundofmusic-shop.de/
just search for drew sarich there
Updated On: 5/7/06 at 12:50 AM

thespian geek
#267re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/7/06 at 2:03am

So expensive. re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!

thespian geek
#269re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/8/06 at 3:07am

My understanding is it's completely sold out, but Drew is working on getting a 2nd press done ASAP. :)

And I'm not one to spread rumors... but I hear our boy may or may not be going on as Lestat on the 16th.. *innocent whistle*

EponineThenardier
#270re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/8/06 at 4:29am

And hoooow did you find that out? re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#271re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/8/06 at 9:59am

The 16th? I'd heard a rumor it was the 19th?

thespian geek
#273re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/8/06 at 3:58pm

Oops. I meant the 19th, but yeah, it probably WAS started by you, Joanna. :-P Good job getting people's hopes up... LOL

And about the CD.... probably. Drew's working on it, though!

thespian geek
#275re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/8/06 at 10:27pm

No. Because I'd be freaking out ridiculous amounts (in a good way) if I went and saw Lestat and opened my Playbill to find a "at tonight's performance..." sheet with Drew as Lestat. Maybe no tears, but there would be definite "OHMYGODOHMYGODYAY!" going on. re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!

thespian geek
#277re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/9/06 at 2:31am

I love it, too. Though I felt really bad getting rid of my Kevin Kern avatar in the process. re: Drew Sarich Love Thread! I need a picture of Drew, Jim, and Kevin. Then I'll make THAT my avatar and be content.

LizzieCurry
#278re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/9/06 at 3:03am

I also wouldn't mind seeing Will Swenson. Why?
http://www.sonsofprovo.com

EponineThenardier
#279re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/9/06 at 11:37am

Will is a nice looking man. re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!

The cool thing about this is when Drew goes on for Lestat, Will will be on as Armand.

LizzieCurry
#280re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/9/06 at 2:10pm

The movie clips are hysterical, too.

I wonder if he really is hardcore Mormon, or just plays one in the movies. re: Drew Sarich Love Thread! 'Cuz I'm sure he couldn't be all that comfortable doing some of the Armand stuff. (Or at least wasn't, starting out.)