pixeltracker

Mimi's Dancing in Out Tonight- Page 2

Mimi's Dancing in Out Tonight

NJRae Profile Photo
NJRae
#25re: Mimi's Dancing in Out Tonight
Posted: 4/23/06 at 7:35pm

Sparkless--yes, they changed the timeline for the movie so that all of the major events did not happen in one day. In the show she sings "Out Tonight" on Christmas Eve (I believe!) whereas in the movie Christmas has already past so it wouldn't make sense to say they won't "be back before it's Christmas day".

"I wrote a book: "How to Be Popular". Now I've put together a top ten list of how to help you: -Elphie, everyday... shower. I mean, who knows? Maybe some of that green is gonna come off! -Deodorant Elphie. No body likes a stinky witch! -I think we've covered the hair, we'll get to that. -Clean underclothes. That's all I'm gonna say. -Look at your posture. That's no way to be popular! -Bed made, room straightened. We've done that. -Colors blended. Oookay. -But the most important thing to have, to make yourself popular, is to keep your beautiful smile." ~Kristin Chenoweth in her last performance of the song "Popular"

bwaylover86 Profile Photo
bwaylover86
#26re: Mimi's Dancing in Out Tonight
Posted: 4/23/06 at 9:36pm

I don't think its even so much that they have "optional" moves as much as well I mean they are human they can forget a move once in a while when their mind isn't all there- for instance, when Rae and I went last time they all seemed a bit tired so maybe she just wasn't thinking enough about it to do it.

"That boy could use some Prozac"

BroadwayBaby315
#27re: Mimi's Dancing in Out Tonight
Posted: 4/23/06 at 10:24pm

I have seen Karmine Alers do the compact move

I am not Tony winner Dan Fogler.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#28re: Mimi's Dancing in Out Tonight
Posted: 4/23/06 at 10:27pm

I NEVER saw Daphne Rubin Vega or Marcy Harriel do that absurd "compact" move.

bwaylover86 Profile Photo
bwaylover86
#29re: Mimi's Dancing in Out Tonight
Posted: 4/23/06 at 10:28pm

I think they all do it sometimes and maybe some always

"That boy could use some Prozac"

NJRae Profile Photo
NJRae
#30re: Mimi's Dancing in Out Tonight
Posted: 4/23/06 at 10:30pm

Of the clips I saw online, one was Daphne and she did do it.

When I have seen Karmine (including the clip online) she did not do it but I'm sure she has done it. Guess it depends on her mood and where her hands are at that moment.

"I wrote a book: "How to Be Popular". Now I've put together a top ten list of how to help you: -Elphie, everyday... shower. I mean, who knows? Maybe some of that green is gonna come off! -Deodorant Elphie. No body likes a stinky witch! -I think we've covered the hair, we'll get to that. -Clean underclothes. That's all I'm gonna say. -Look at your posture. That's no way to be popular! -Bed made, room straightened. We've done that. -Colors blended. Oookay. -But the most important thing to have, to make yourself popular, is to keep your beautiful smile." ~Kristin Chenoweth in her last performance of the song "Popular"

thejcm Profile Photo
thejcm
#31re: Mimi's Dancing in Out Tonight
Posted: 4/23/06 at 10:54pm

when i saw daphne do it, it wasn't the "apply some blush and make faces in the mirror" thing i've seen some do. she did it kind of like fixing her hair or something.

"Who says you can't bend over backwards and eat bugs if you want to? I guess the bugs would probably say you can't do that that, but assuming that they are willing and consenting bugs, then there's no problem. Let's wig out eating bugs." -RuPaul

overthemoon419 Profile Photo
overthemoon419
#32re: Mimi's Dancing in Out Tonight
Posted: 4/27/06 at 4:32pm

"I thought it was mentioned somewhere on the board that Mimi's boots have a specially designed heel that "lock" onto the bars, making it safer than simply climbing up in any old shoes."

Doesn't mean it hasn't happend. I know Karmine's done it once, but it was during the part where she has to lay on the bars for the "feline of avenue b" line. Luckily she fell towards the back of the stage.

thejcm, I didn't mean to imply I thought an accident was impossible. I just meant that some precautions were taken to make a fall less probable.

"It's not for sissies, contrary to popular belief." - Tommy Tune, on musical theatre.

My avatar: Yummy, no?