Exciting News!

catstagestud Profile Photo
catstagestud
#0Exciting News!
Posted: 5/2/06 at 10:16pm

I just posted this on the student board but my Musical Theatre program at The University of Arizona just got some great news and I thought I'd share with you all; you can look forward to seeing some great musical theatre showcasing the week of May 29th! My audition is next Wed. EEEEEK!!!

CBS News' The Early Show intends to launch the week-long series "My Broadway Debut" in advance of this year's Tony Awards. The series is scheduled for broadcast the week of May 29th.

“My Broadway Debut” will be a theatrical competition, which will feature 10 performers (5 actors, 5 actresses), vying for a walk-on role in the Tony award-winning musical Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

The 10 finalists will be selected through auditions taking place on five college campuses across the country, one of which we hope will be the University of Arizona.

Broadway casting director Bernard Telsey, or an associate from his office, will visit each campus for the auditions, which we encourage only serious musical theater students attend. All auditions will be taped by a crew from CBS. Mr. Telsey will select a male and female performer to represent each school.

After the finalists have been determined, each day, for five days, they will perform LIVE alongside a Broadway actor or actress, currently appearing in a Broadway musical (who will either perform, speak lines, or provide context for the performance). The finalists will be brought to New York two days before their appearance for rehearsals. Featured shows will include Rent, Chicago, The Wedding Singer, Hairspray, and Avenue Q. At the end of the week, Early Show viewers will be asked to go online to vote for their favorite male and female performance.

The two winners will be revealed, and will then be showcased in another LIVE performance from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. The Early Show would then document the Broadway experience of each winner with a behind-the-scenes segment detailing his and her debut.

Cheers,

Christopher

www.christopherviolett.com

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#1re: Exciting News!
Posted: 5/2/06 at 10:18pm

Wow that's good oppertunity. AS logn as they don't make it like American Idol, I support.

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#2re: Exciting News!
Posted: 5/2/06 at 10:20pm

This sounds great. I will be watching for sure!

Anne_here Profile Photo
Anne_here
#3re: Exciting News!
Posted: 5/2/06 at 10:21pm

Good luck!!!

catstagestud Profile Photo
catstagestud
#4re: Exciting News!
Posted: 5/2/06 at 10:34pm

Thanks so much! We're all really excited here! I'll keep people up-dated when I know more!!

Cheers,

Christopher

www.christopherviolett.com

Videos