Charles Strouse new show

Fontybell
#0Charles Strouse new show
Posted: 5/7/06 at 11:52am

Have heard Charles Strouse's new show, YOU NEVER KNOW, has a reading in NY next week. His Gala is tonight for Encompass New Opera Theatre, hosted by Marian Seldes. I think there is a number being performed from the new show.

From what I know, Haviland Stillwell (from FIDDLER, and I think LES MIS this fall), Ben Steinfeld, and Paul Anthony Stewart (Guiding Light, Cyrano, Fiddler) are starring in it.

PASfan
#1re: Charles Strouse new show
Posted: 5/8/06 at 8:02am

Thanks for the info. I'm a huge PAS fan and I was wondering what he has been up to these days.

tophertilson Profile Photo
tophertilson
#2re: Charles Strouse new show
Posted: 5/8/06 at 9:55am

Glad to hear he's working on a new show. He's one of the few remaining genuine melodists alive and working in the musical theatre.

TT

"Me flunk English? That's unpossible!" - Ralph Wiggum

PASfan
#3re: Charles Strouse new show
Posted: 5/8/06 at 1:02pm

@Fontybell...if you hsve any news about it, please post :)
Thanks

lac77
#4re: Charles Strouse new show
Posted: 5/8/06 at 1:12pm

I saw this show last spring, and although it definitely needed a lot of work at the time, it had some very good numbers. From what I remember, the second act was much stronger than the first, which was a little slow, but I'm sure it's being worked on. I liked the general idea of the show and I think with some time and work, it could be a pretty good show.

sally4
#5re: Charles Strouse new show
Posted: 5/8/06 at 10:26pm

Hi I wondered where this information came from because I saw a casting call for You never know but it was for Boston Mass not NYC.
I am also a fan of Paul Anthony Stewarts and would love to see him in another Broadway show. He has a great voice and would do a great job in any musical.

Fontybell
#6re: Charles Strouse new show
Posted: 5/8/06 at 11:45pm

I have a friend who went to the gala last night - Haviland Stillwell and Ben Steinfeld did a number from the show. Aparently they were very charming!

The reading is sometime next week, but I think it's small, and possibly only for industry folks.

Check out www.havilandstillwell.com and bensteinfeld.net -- maybe there will be more info there as the week progresses?

acrocksyo Profile Photo
acrocksyo
#7re: Charles Strouse new show
Posted: 5/9/06 at 1:16am

I love Charles Strouse, I am glad to see that he is still composing new material.

http://theaterfag.blogspot.com/ Reviews and the like

Videos