pixeltracker

Nathan Lane @ Odd Couple... Signing?

Nathan Lane @ Odd Couple... Signing?

fengshuihellnyc
#0Nathan Lane @ Odd Couple... Signing?
Posted: 5/26/06 at 3:08pm

I'm going to see the odd couple soon and was wondering if nathan signs autographs at the stage door? I know he did early in the run but Is he still doing it?

thanks so much

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#1re: Nathan Lane @ Odd Couple... Signing?
Posted: 5/26/06 at 3:10pm

After night performances, he does for some people. Needless to say, he is quite a "diva". Get out there fast, and try for a front spot.. He signs a few and then leaves.

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

Guillermo Ugarte
#2re: Nathan Lane @ Odd Couple... Signing?
Posted: 5/26/06 at 5:22pm

A diva indeed. He only signs for people with brown eyes

"Always smile at your enemies. It will keep them on their toes"

HeartinNYC Profile Photo
HeartinNYC
#3re: Nathan Lane @ Odd Couple... Signing?
Posted: 5/26/06 at 6:33pm

Well heck, several minutes have passed by without a sarcastic comment about Nathan Lane at the stage door - it's a sign of the apocalypse!

It's been my experience that if you're respectful to Nathan, he's respectful to you. No grabbing, no inviting him to move in, no idiotic comments and you'll do just fine.

(Guillermo's right about the brown eyes, though.)

Neither a borrower nor a lender be...unless that's mine in the first place.

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#4re: Nathan Lane @ Odd Couple... Signing?
Posted: 5/26/06 at 6:33pm

I must protest this. Nathan spent lots of time each time I saw him. Twice in THE PRODUCERS (before the end of the first run,) twice in the ODD COUPLE and THE FROGS. He smiled and signed all my PLAYBILLS and everyone else around me got his autograph, too. It really depends on if he is tired, has plans, ect...

He really is very nice.

And I have hazel eyes- so there! LOL re: Nathan Lane @ Odd Couple... Signing?

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS
Updated On: 5/26/06 at 06:33 PM

Guillermo Ugarte
#5re: Nathan Lane @ Odd Couple... Signing?
Posted: 5/29/06 at 2:38pm

HAZEL EYES? It must have been dark when he signed your Playbill. I know for a fact that he never signs for anyone that doesn't have brown eyes. A friend resorted to colored contact lens in order to get Mr. Lane's autograph but the man was too smart for him. Not only did he miss out on the autograph but he ended up on the ground behind the barricade being trampled by the rest of the crowd after Lane cried "Look, it's Osama Bin Laden".

You have to watch out for these dastardly divas. They will do anything to get out of signing. I heard that Hugh Jackman once claimed he couldn't sign because of carpal tunnel syndrome acquired from all that stage door nonsense. Who do these guys think they are anyway? Or is it WHOM?

"Always smile at your enemies. It will keep them on their toes"

NathanLaneStalker
#6re: Nathan Lane @ Odd Couple... Signing?
Posted: 5/29/06 at 3:12pm

BS! I have blue eyes and I`m going to see The Odd Couple Wed! Betcha he will sign!!!!!!!

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#7re: Nathan Lane @ Odd Couple... Signing?
Posted: 5/29/06 at 3:15pm

Why would anyone still go see THE ODD COUPLE? I keep forgetting that it exists. It's horrendous.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Yankeefan007
#8re: Nathan Lane @ Odd Couple... Signing?
Posted: 5/29/06 at 3:20pm

Well, it's over soon.

HeartinNYC Profile Photo
HeartinNYC
#9re: Nathan Lane @ Odd Couple... Signing?
Posted: 5/29/06 at 3:57pm

Guillermo, calm down. Too much beer at the BBQ today? I saw Mr. Lane sign for someone with only ONE eye, and it wasn't even brown!

Neither a borrower nor a lender be...unless that's mine in the first place.

EponineAmneris
#10re: Nathan Lane @ Odd Couple... Signing?
Posted: 5/29/06 at 4:25pm

Thank you HeartinNYC re: Nathan Lane @ Odd Couple... Signing? ... and Guillermo Ugarte, you need to get a life and quit making up absurd things about one of the greatest people/comedians ever. And I spent two evenings speaking with with a VERY gracious and kind and more than willing to sign and take pictures Hugh Jackman.

THE ODD COUPLE is hilarious. Now that Brad Garett isn't there trying to run the show, it's even better.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS
Updated On: 5/29/06 at 04:25 PM

NathanLaneStalker
#11re: Nathan Lane @ Odd Couple... Signing?
Posted: 5/29/06 at 4:45pm

How did Brad Garette try to run the show? Is it because he was the 3rd most famous person there?

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#12re: Nathan Lane @ Odd Couple... Signing?
Posted: 5/29/06 at 7:52pm

But, just so you know, Matthew is a total sweetie in contrast with Nathan's diva-ish-ness. He his humble and very patient and sweet.

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck
Updated On: 5/29/06 at 07:52 PM

EponineAmneris
#13re: Nathan Lane @ Odd Couple... Signing?
Posted: 5/29/06 at 8:16pm

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, saying he doesn't sign for people who don't have brown eyes. That is most certianly not "fact" as you claim. Pshaw. He maybe- perhaps-must not have signed for you for some reason- like he didn't see you/didn't have time- and you are upset, Guillermo Ugarte. Send your PLAYBILL to the Brooks Atkinson with a request and an SASE and he'll get it back to you I bet.

He looked me right in my HAZEL eyes and smiled. I smiled and said "Thank you for making me laugh." He nodded and said "You're welcome!" signed my PLAYBILL right across the bottom underneath his picture and winked at me. Then he went to the next woman and took a picture with her.

It is a matter of his mood, how tired he is, what his plans are for the night... He is a human being like we all are.

I have had many expieriences with Nathan at various theatre stagedoors after his performances and they have all been great.

Matthew is a complete doll, yes. He is sweet and very patient with everyone when he has the time. So is SJ.

Brad Garrett always seemed to asking for more, wanting this and that while he was there. And it seemed to me as if he was trying to run things his way, like he felt left out or something. And from some of the revelations lately about his attitude, some of that may have been true.

MargoChanning
#14re: Nathan Lane @ Odd Couple... Signing?
Posted: 5/29/06 at 8:29pm

Wow. It's always completely amazing to me how some people don't get sarcasm and humor in general. EponineAmneris, you really need to calm down. You REALLY didn't get that Guillermo Ugarte was joking? Unbelievable..............

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#15re: Nathan Lane @ Odd Couple... Signing?
Posted: 5/29/06 at 8:32pm

Really? When I spoke to the stage door manager, Pat, he said that Brad was one of the best people he has ever managed for. (Second only to A. Hephburn)

Updated On: 5/29/06 at 08:32 PM

Yankeefan007
#16re: Nathan Lane @ Odd Couple... Signing?
Posted: 5/29/06 at 8:39pm

Yeah, Pat only has the nicest things to say about Brad. And he really loves Audrey.

EponineAmneris
#17re: Nathan Lane @ Odd Couple... Signing?
Posted: 5/29/06 at 9:10pm

If that was a joke and/or sarcasm, that's fine. I don't automatically think that negative things people say are jokes. Sometimes it takes me a few minutes re: Nathan Lane @ Odd Couple... Signing?

And it's good to know that Pat the stage door manager had nice things to say about Brad. One can only go by what one hears and it's best to go by a source or sources close to the person in question- and Pat seems to one to be one in the know.

BoxFive Profile Photo
BoxFive
#18re: Nathan Lane @ Odd Couple... Signing?
Posted: 6/4/06 at 1:43am

Not only did he sign my Playbill, he took me and Aunt Ida for ice cream at Coldstones, then it was a lovely horsey ride around Central Park and a Brandy Alexander at CharleyO's...and YOU people say he don't sign none! HAH.

Matthew on the other hand didn't even give us a glance as he sped off on his hovercraft, he's got webbed feet ya know!

Unfledge them of their...perriwigs, And they appear like bald-cootes, in the nest. Beaumont, Knt. Malta, (1616).
Updated On: 6/4/06 at 01:43 AM

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#19re: Nathan Lane @ Odd Couple... Signing?
Posted: 6/4/06 at 1:45am

He didn't come out to sign anything tonight.

Videos