pixeltracker

The "Official" Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread- Page 3

The "Official" Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread

wonderwaiter Profile Photo
wonderwaiter
#50re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/14/06 at 9:18am

She went backstage? Where they keep all the sharp objects?

And no one grew into anything new, we just became the worst of what we were."

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#51re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/14/06 at 9:30am

I wonder what happened...

Prisoner 24601 Profile Photo
Prisoner 24601
#52re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/14/06 at 9:41am

Glenn probably wanted to sneak in and poison Patti's evian so she could take over for her. Hey, it's happened before!

-Was that a fart?
-My fault, I fear.

Scarywarhol
#53re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/14/06 at 9:42am

I think an apology session was more likely.

chrrymn
#54re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/14/06 at 9:46am

Okay, now that I'm among Patti fans...not that I like bringing it up....but how do you all feel about Judy Kaye taking over??
Personally, I know nothing of Judy, but scowl everytime I see her name, and I was booing her at the Tonys for no reason. haha. But seriously, just the thought of her in the Mrs. Lovett outfit makes me cringe! Thoughts??

::Sarah::
"Mrs. Lovett, how I did without you all these years I'll never know!"

Andrew_VB
#55re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:21am

is patti done in sweeney at the start of july? i really hope not...

Scarywarhol
#56re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:22am

Just very breifly leaving...I might see Judy out of curiosity.

CrimsonFaerie
#57re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:27am

Telecharge still says her contract is through July 2nd. I keep checking every few days to see if it changes.

I have never seen Judy Kaye perform, so I can't say I feel one way or the other about her performing as Lovett. I would have liked to see Cyndi Lauper. That would be cool!

chrrymn
#58re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:33am

I'll stay loyal to the show til the end...but Patti's my Lovett, ya know? I hope Patti comes back, but she's got a ton of projects lined up, so atleast she'll still be performing. I wish I could go to CA! You guys are lucky!

Scarywarhol
#59re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:35am

For some reason I thought she had said December.

kgee30
#60re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:36am

The Playbill article yesterday on "Souvenir" in LA mentioned that Judy Kaye is covering for Patti for one week in June and for two weeks in August.

chrrymn
#61re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/14/06 at 11:09am

Yeah, I'm kind of confused about her schedule. But like I said, I'll still go...it'd just be nice if she's there the end of July. Doubt it though.

SeptemberKel
#62re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/14/06 at 12:10pm

I am wondering about her contract, too. I imagine that there will be some announcement soon enough. I did buy my July 2nd ticket, just in case though.

I, personally, love Judy Kaye, but I'll be passing on her stint as Mrs. Lovett. I just can't imagine anyone else in the role. I think that Patti has done the impossible in taking a role very attached to someone else (Lansbury) and has become the "definitive" Mrs. Lovette - at least in my mind.

"Of course there is the castle - the ruined castle. I find it lovely. Probably because it's ruined, I suppose." - Passion

CrimsonFaerie
#63re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/14/06 at 12:59pm

I am thinking of getting a ticket for July 2nd as well... I hope there is some announcement soon. I may get the ticket anyway. The only other problem that presents, is I will have to change my return airplane tickets back to Florida. I don't mind though, if I would get to see Patti's last show!

chrrymn
#64re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/14/06 at 1:04pm

You know Patti's last is going to be phenominal. I'm jealous. I have to move closer to NYC. :/

neelyohara Profile Photo
neelyohara
#65re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/14/06 at 2:33pm

YAY appreciation for Patti!!!!
Seeing her in Gypsy in August--can't wait!

Not today, Geraldine.

SeptemberKel
#66re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/14/06 at 5:05pm

Neely, I love that picture! Where is that from?

"Of course there is the castle - the ruined castle. I find it lovely. Probably because it's ruined, I suppose." - Passion

neelyohara Profile Photo
neelyohara
#67re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/14/06 at 6:33pm

The Tony alumni reunion thing :o)

Not today, Geraldine.

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#68re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/14/06 at 6:42pm

Thank you for this thread!!

I am still sick about her not getting the Tony. But I know she knows that the Tony's don't really mean anything, especially this year!

Thanks to you posters in NYC who can actually attend the shows to show support.
Updated On: 6/14/06 at 06:42 PM

Maryjoannejean Profile Photo
Maryjoannejean
#69re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:04pm

TAhank you Sally for being a real good friend throgh is all. girl is crazy!

SeptemberKel
#70re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:06pm

This thread confirms it - Patti has some of the greatest fans ever! re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread

Yero
#71re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:35pm

re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread

Thats another one of my favorites ^^

And to whoever asked- I actually.. have no clue where it's from.
You may be right, I just thought she looked so freaking gorgeous I had to use it.

"I have this mental image of Patti barreling down the street and pushing tourists out of her way." -colleen_lee

alphieboy Profile Photo
alphieboy
#72re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:41pm

I must be truthful and say that I'm not a huge Patti fan however, Patti as "Evita" is killer. Nothing beats her "A New Argentina".

"If I have something to say, the whole world (BroadwayWorld) should hear it." - Thenardier

SeptemberKel
#73re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:43pm

Her many, many fans would love her to return to Broadway at some point. What would be a good show for her, in a Broadway return? Ideas??

You know, I can't tell you how many times I think to myself, "Patti would be fabulous as _____." Of course, now I can't think of any - except Mama Rose (which she happens to be doing no, thankfully) and Dolly Levi. Maybe The Witch in Into the Woods... the list is endless. Ideally, I'd love to have her originate a new (well-written and worthy) role.

Updated On: 6/14/06 at 10:43 PM

blueroses
#74re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:53pm

She DOES look gorgeous there. Is that Kevin Kline in her lap?!

I've yet to see Sweeney. But I really want to know when her "official" last show is. I'd be upset to have bought tickets only to see someone else in the role. Of course I want to see Michael Cerveris and Manoel Feliciano--I've heard they're amazing--but I've loved Patti LuPone forever. Evita was the first Broadway show I saw (I was a little girl). Back in either '88 or '89 (I forget) I got tickets to Anything Goes, only to see that Leslie Uggams had taken over the role! re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread She was great, but I had SO been looking forward to seeing LuPone. Does anyone know for sure how long her run is?