NathanLaneStalker
#0Seussical - Closing Night...who was there?
Posted: 6/14/06 at 9:19pm

Who was at the closing night of Seussical on broadway? I wasn`t there but I saw it! EVERYONE was so supportive and applauded thru the whole thing! After the song "For You" which Gertrude sings to Horton everyone applauded for like 2 min! And the woman (forgot her name) had to signal to stop! lol!

Who was there?

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#1re: Seussical - Closing Night...who was there?
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:27pm

This closed like over three years ago!!

boxers7 Profile Photo
boxers7
#2re: Seussical - Closing Night...who was there?
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:28pm

It's "All for You" and Janine LaManna.

"I don't wanna see that!" -Aunt Sassy (as played by Valerie Cherish) on Room & Bored

NathanLaneStalker
#3re: Seussical - Closing Night...who was there?
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:44pm

Thanks!

And I know it closed like 3 yrs ago but I was just wondering!

Thnx!

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#4re: Seussical - Closing Night...who was there?
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:55pm

I wasn't but I loved this show haha. I saw it twice and as a youngin, listened to it every single day.

A dancer might dream to see her name in lights and mean it, but all she really dreams is to make someone else feel the way she did when she first saw a dancer. And that is so beautiful-Anonymous

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#5re: Seussical - Closing Night...who was there?
Posted: 6/15/06 at 12:26am

I saw it but wasn't there, too. I wish I coulda made it. It was soooo much fun.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#6re: Seussical - Closing Night...who was there?
Posted: 6/15/06 at 12:54am

Cathy Rigby had a delicious ad-lib about the Fran Weissler that night.

It was during the Circus McGirkus auction scene. She had just finished the auctioning off, and said the line, "Sold to the man with the big sideburns and the greasy mustache." Then, she paused for a moment and looked at the "man" in the audience. Then, "Oh....Oh, I am TERRIBLY sorry Mrs. Weissler."

The place erupted in laughter. The cast lost it too.

tourboi
#7re: Seussical - Closing Night...who was there?
Posted: 6/15/06 at 3:25am

I was there...front row!

It was one of the saddest, most wonderful nights in the theatre I've experienced. That show meant a lot to me.

And reguarding Ms. LaManna's extended applause...it was more than that. She got a largely standing O. Stopped the show! She had to stop the audience!

But Cameron Bowen and Kevin Chamberlin tearing up in Alone in the Universe was terribly sad. I miss Seussical.

broadwayfan2
#8re: Seussical - Closing Night...who was there?
Posted: 6/15/06 at 10:10am

I was there closing night too. It was a wonderful show.

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#9re: Seussical - Closing Night...who was there?
Posted: 6/15/06 at 1:17pm

Seussical is absolutely my favorite musical! I wish I could have seen that last night! Seussical is the first musical I ever directed (and musical directed and choreographed). I'll always have a place for it in my heart.

broadwayfan12 Profile Photo
broadwayfan12
#10re: Seussical - Closing Night...who was there?
Posted: 6/15/06 at 1:19pm

aww i love that show it was the first one i was ever in.

Sierra Boggess is made of awesome!

Videos