News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LuPonatic

LuPonatic Profile Photo
Member Name: LuPonatic
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Suggesting Harvey Fierstein For Every Role Is Not Funny.  Dec 17 2011, 12:57:53 PM
He would make a great Edna Turnblad
ROUNDABOUT to revive MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD  Dec 16 2011, 12:32:57 PM
Harvey Fierstein as Puffer?
ROUNDABOUT to revive MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD  Dec 16 2011, 12:20:02 PM
Sounds like a show hand picked for Sutton Foster. She would be a great Drood.
Aladdin The New Stage Musical!  Jun 21 2011, 11:16:49 PM
I hope they make a cast recording. I wonder what the orchestra will be like. I enjoy these new songs to an extent, but I think with some good orchestrations they could really be great.
2011 Tony Award Thread  Jun 12 2011, 08:25:10 PM
I liked it, but a Book of Mormon opening would have been better.

Best/Worst Cast Recordings Of The Season  Jun 8 2011, 10:24:05 PM
There are quite a few excellent recordings this season. I enjoy Book of Mormon, Catch Me If You Can, Women On the Verge, and Wonderland a great deal. I also really like the London Sister Act and the Off-Broadway Scottsboro Boys (if those count). I am not a fan of the new How to Succeed in Business recording, but I don't think it's awful, just out-shined by it's predecessors. The whole time I was listening to it, the word "unnecessary" kept popping into my head. I do like the idea of Cindere
Question - H2S in Business 1995 vs. 2011 revival  Jun 8 2011, 10:15:31 PM
I believe the women only came out on the Tony Awards. During the regular performances, Miss Jones was the only female in the song the entire time. That 95 revival is very similar to the original until Miss Jones starts singing, then it is unrecognizable the rest of the time.

I am curious to know what came first, Lillias White and they took it to church because of her, or they decided to take it to church, so they hired Lillias White.

Whatever happened to Jaystarr?  Jun 8 2011, 10:11:05 PM
I always loved his reviews. He is missed!
Baby It's You/How To Succeed -- Best Album Tracks?  Jun 8 2011, 09:45:57 PM
I think my favorite track on the "How to Succeed" album is the overture.
Okay, now that we've had time to digest Book of Mormon's Cast CD...  Jun 6 2011, 04:15:07 PM
"Joseph Smith: magical aids frog. Brigham Young: frog on his cl*t face"

best line in the whole show! I LOVE every second of this show's cast album, though!

PS Is cl*t an abbreviation I can't use on this website?

TV Appearances this week  Jun 5 2011, 10:53:22 PM
What a lame week leading up to the awards! No Broadway week? Travesty!
Time Out NY'S 25 Best Tony Performances  Jun 4 2011, 08:24:37 PM
This one gets my vote!
Avenue Q School Edition  May 25 2011, 05:53:39 PM
I can't imagine there is a huge market for this. Schools in my area have trouble with Guys and Dolls being too racy.
Tony Predictions: No Guts No Glory  May 2 2011, 10:36:30 PM
Karen Mason for Best Supporting Actress in a musical.

When the critics weren't gulping down bucketfuls of Wonderland's blood, they would take a breath for a quick word of praise for her. She is amazing, after all!

"Karen Mason, tastier than blood" ...bad taste?

yuck yuck!

The Mystery of Edwin Drood or Drood  May 1 2011, 12:10:06 PM
I just broke down and bought the cast recording on Amazon for 50 bucks! I just love their Tony performance on the no-no sight so much, I had to hear the rest of the score. Such exciting staging in that video! THAT is how you stage a musical number!
Book of Mormon Cast Recording to be Released Digitally 5/17  Apr 26 2011, 10:38:17 PM
I am SOOO excited for this because I really want to hear Man Up! The audio recording I of course don't have because it would be illegal to use any kind of recording device in a Broadway theatre cuts off the first act half way through Sal Tlay Ka Siti.

WONDERLAND - Why so negative?  Apr 19 2011, 11:41:49 PM
Those of you who say it is the worst thing you have ever seen CLEARLY have never seen Urban Cowboy the Musical. OY!
The 30 Day Musical Theatre Song Challenge - DAY 4  Apr 16 2011, 09:29:57 AM
Phantom of the Opera would be my choice as well
The 30 Day Musical Theatre Song Challenge - DAY 5  Apr 16 2011, 09:28:23 AM
"Good Mornin'" from "Singing in the Rain"
BWW TV: WONDERLAND on Broadway - Complete Sneak Peek!  Apr 13 2011, 11:26:53 PM
This makes me want to see Wonderland more than other videos make me want to see their respective show. There are some amazing singers in this show. It looks fun to me!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You