pixeltracker

_____ ruined one of my favorite shows- Page 4

_____ ruined one of my favorite shows

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#75re: _____ ruined one of my favorite shows
Posted: 6/18/06 at 8:55pm

I once again stand up to defend Betsy Joslyn's portrayal! I think playing Johanna as slightly batty brings life to an otherwise colorless character. Plus, she was pretty hot.

It's scary to think people will never forget it if you give what they felt was a bad performance, even twenty-five years later!

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#76re: _____ ruined one of my favorite shows
Posted: 6/18/06 at 9:12pm

" once again stand up to defend Betsy Joslyn's portrayal! I think playing Johanna as slightly batty brings life to an otherwise colorless character. Plus, she was pretty hot.

It's scary to think people will never forget it if you give what they felt was a bad performance, even twenty-five years later!"

I never said her performance was bad....I just thought the choice (whether it was hers or Prince Hal) to perform and sing the role in a radically different way was just wrong. I think it threw the show out of balance. I dreaded each time she came onstage. Nothing against Joslyn as an actress. I've seen her in other roles and I enjoyed her. I hate showing the DVD to friends because it usually spoils the spell. She just seems so stereotypical of a shrill soprano.

amcchemist Profile Photo
amcchemist
#77re: _____ ruined one of my favorite shows
Posted: 6/18/06 at 11:38pm

Okay, I have to also say that Matthew Broderick I did not care for in the Music Man, but also I didn't like him as well in The Producers (movie version). I don't know but I don't like the way he does his voice. Something about it grates on my nerves. I loved Nathan Lane though and hated that they cut out King of Broadway in the movie. I wonder if there is any way to contact the movie company and beg for an extended version of the movie with the deleted scenes put back in! LOL!

Tateh Profile Photo
Tateh
#78re: _____ ruined one of my favorite shows
Posted: 6/19/06 at 5:37am

Antonio Banderas ruined Evita and Nine

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#79re: _____ ruined one of my favorite shows
Posted: 6/20/06 at 10:12pm

David Hasselhoff in JEKYLL & HYDE... and I am soooo POed that HIS is the performance captured on DVD re: _____ ruined one of my favorite shows *rolls eyes*

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

thevolleyballer
#80re: _____ ruined one of my favorite shows
Posted: 6/20/06 at 10:43pm

George Hearn ruined Wicked. I was so excited to see it, and had been planning for months and weeks, and had seen promo clips and pictures and listened to the show over and over again... and he just plain sucked. Couldn't dance, couldn't sing, and was barely even a good actor, to me. That totally bummed me out. re: _____ ruined one of my favorite shows Luckily, I saw Avenue Q the next day, and faith in Broadway was restored.

Videos