News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for amcchemist

amcchemist Profile Photo
Member Name: amcchemist
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Longest 'Belt' by A Male or Female Broadway Performer?
 Jul 28 2006, 10:59:08 PM
Michael Crawford also did a long one as part of his Fosco role when he was with Woman in White in London. It was during his "You can get away with anything" solo. It was pretty amazing. I timed it at least 30 seconds, if not longer. I wonder if he could have held it longer.

re: Broadway stars and their real names
 Jun 26 2006, 12:26:43 AM
Michael Crawford was born Michael Dumble-Smith. Took the name Crawford after seeing it on the side of a delivery truck if I am remembering right. Though I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. LOL!

I don't recall if she's done work on Broadway, though I know she did some traveling productions. Marie Osmond uses her middle name. Her birth name is Olive Marie Osmond, named after her mother.

re: john cudia in phantom on tour
 Jun 18 2006, 11:49:43 PM
I saw John Cudia last night in a performance of POTO in St. Louis. Excellent phantom! He really tug at my heart strings when on the angel he was grieving the love lost. I think the only part I was a little dissappointed with is I really was expecting a bit more venom during the mirror scene with "Insolent Boy!" He wasn't quite as menacing there as I had hoped, a minor thing, but boy he was at the end of the show. The whole cast was quite good actually. The sound in the Fox theater wasn't t
re: Phantom of the Opera
 Jun 18 2006, 11:41:49 PM
The London chandelier I thought fell pretty fast. The traveling productions I've always thought a bit on the slow side. Haven't yet seen it in NY, though I'm working on that.
re: _____ ruined one of my favorite shows
 Jun 18 2006, 11:38:54 PM
Okay, I have to also say that Matthew Broderick I did not care for in the Music Man, but also I didn't like him as well in The Producers (movie version). I don't know but I don't like the way he does his voice. Something about it grates on my nerves. I loved Nathan Lane though and hated that they cut out King of Broadway in the movie. I wonder if there is any way to contact the movie company and beg for an extended version of the movie with the deleted scenes put back in! LOL!
re: Barbra Streisand Tour Pre-sale!
 Jun 14 2006, 12:34:57 AM
I've not seen her in concert. But the tickets do seem quite steep for your average Joe. But, it seems that is the way of the world these days. I think its great that it's going to charity, but I have to agree, I'll donate to my charities of choice directly.
re: If you could play ONE role on Broadway........
 Jun 14 2006, 12:23:39 AM
Well, unfortunately I don't have the looks, unless you count being Penny in Hairspray. But I've always enjoyed Carlotta in POTO and would love to play that one. It just looks fun to me.
re: Robert Guillaume, 'Phantom of the Opera'
 Jun 9 2006, 11:59:26 PM
Sounded constipated? LOL! That's EXACTLY what my coworker said when she heard Gerard Butler sing the same song from the POTO movie. That song can be so beautiful when done right. I've seen Michael Crawford perform that song in concert and he blows me away with it everytime. Earl Carpenter in London was quite good as well.

From what I heard, Guillaume had some issues doing the role as he had a fear of heights. Now, granted, I couldn't prove that one way or the other, but I could se

re: Famous Alumni
 Mar 17 2006, 06:09:24 PM
Well, Missouri State University (formerly Southwest Missouri State University) has John Goodman as an alum.

I also believe that Kathleen Turner attended there, but did not graduate there, transferring to another school I believe. It was kind of fun, she returned one year and a couple of students (male) were making a presentation to her and began to sing "Wild Thing" which she promptly rolled her eyes and then joined in.

re: What questions would u ask a broadway actor?
 Feb 22 2006, 09:54:31 PM
I think that the one thing I'd like to ask some of the actors (any popular one would do) is how they put up with the looney fans! You know, not the average joe fans that will ask for an autograph or photo at the stage door, but the ones that really go overboard and want to be friends, lovers, you name it. I've even heard of fans trying to get themselves "delivered" in a box to an actor's dressing room. I really don't understand that behavior and wonder what the actors really think about fans
re: Greastest Broadway Line
 Feb 19 2006, 04:39:22 PM
Even though we are sitting down, we are giving you a standing ovation. - The Producers
re: Broadway Mistakes
 Feb 19 2006, 04:35:38 PM
Well technically I saw the production in London where the mistake occured, but it was still funny. It was the night after opening night in London of WIW. During the graveyard scene in WIW, where Glyde (Oliver Darley) is lamenting the loss of his wife Laura, he is supposed to be singing to Mr. Farley (Edward Petherbridge). Well, Mr. Darley is singing away, but is singing to an empty wheelchair. Evidently, Mr. Petherbridge managed to miss his cue for the scene. So, while there were some lines
re: WiW Recording
 Feb 15 2006, 10:28:31 PM
Actually, there were other sections that were rerecorded as well, though there is no indication which ones. Any section that audience noise came through was rerecorded. I believe that is on the album information - don't have it right in front of me now to tell you where though. Sorry.

I didn't notice the echoing, though I don't doubt it probably is there. I was fortunate enough to actually be in the audience opening night (up in the nosebleed section - upper balcony). The recording

re: You Must Love Me
 Feb 15 2006, 10:05:50 PM
I always assumed that the song was to Peron, but never a demand. Recall that, in the show, Eva is living in a time where the Argentine men had a reputation for having mistresses on the side. You get the impression that she is playing the game to get out of each relationship something for herself, just using her lovers. She discards each one as she moves further up society's ladder. As long as she's getting something and Peron is getting something, the relationship is in tact. When she is il
re: Michael Ball Not to Return to The Woman in White Before Closing
 Feb 9 2006, 10:49:35 PM
"Maybe Crawford should have returned the favor and filled in for Ball?????? (JUST KIDDING - DON'T FLAME ME!!!)"

Actually, I would have LOVED to see that happen, but obviously it wasn't going to. One of the reasons why MC turned down the role, according to him, was he feared getting ill again. Can't say I blame him. I really enjoyed MC's performance of Fosco, but, from what I have heard, I would have also enjoyed MB's as well. Just never got a chance to see it.

re: Michael Crawford Ben Vereen
 Feb 5 2006, 11:20:01 PM
Probably the best way to try to reach Michael Crawford is through his fan association. If you go to www.mcifa.com, there is information about how to contact him and how to contact the organization to see if there is any way to get something signed. However, I would recommend contacting the group first to see if it is even possible before actually sending anything in the mail. Keep in mind that Mr. Crawford will soon be in Australia and New Zealand for a tour starting at the end of the month,
re: The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, Februa
 Feb 3 2006, 11:18:18 PM
wickedrentq, I saw posted on whatsonstage.com that Michael Ball was out of the show indefinitely and telling fans not to plan any trips to NY to see Ball in the show. This was before I saw any announcements about WIW closing.

I was able to see the show in London and liked it, but never thought it was a really strong show. For me, my favorite parts were the Fosco sections, though I saw it originally with Michael Crawford, who I really loved in that role - especially Fosco's last solo a

re: Michael Ball out of WIW indefinitely?
 Feb 3 2006, 10:53:18 PM
Boy, did I time that one right? If I'd just waited a little longer to post, wouldn't have had to ask. I would imagine he already knew, which is why the other post I read was telling fans not to make plans for travel to see the show. Sounds as if his fan club had a trip planned for NY in March. Bummer! Been there, done that, only with a different actor and in London. But there is so much to do and see, hope they make the most of their trips if they can't cancel. Know I did and had a ball!
Michael Ball out of WIW indefinitely?
 Feb 3 2006, 06:14:00 PM
I have read on another web site that Michael Ball is out of WIW indefinitely due to being unable to shake the virus he has. Sounds like he is very ill. Can anyone on this site verify that? Very much like what happened to Michael Crawford in London last year. Anyway, know some friends who were planning a NY trip to possibly see the show and would like to find out for them if possible. Thanks in advance.
re: fav bway actor moment off the stage
 Jan 28 2006, 07:15:32 PM
Michael Crawford in "Some Mothers do 'ave 'em" and also in the movie Hello Dolly.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You