pixeltracker

Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)- Page 2

Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#25re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/17/06 at 10:22pm

Because it sells.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

SuttonFan Profile Photo
SuttonFan
#26re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/18/06 at 12:47am

It is so sad to me that a show that already had a mass infusion of fans after the movie has to keep hiring celebs (and Tori is a b-list celeb) to star on Broadway. Broadway is supposed to make or break stars, right? So why not create a new star instead of hiring a b-list celebrity as Roxie Hart? I just don't get it. What has this world come to?

"Champagne makes me drowsy!"

WORDS TO LIVE BY:

As we stumble along on life's funny journey. As we stumble along into the blue. We look here and we look there, seeking answers anywhere. Never sure of where to turn or what to do.

Still we bumble our way through life's crazy labyrinth. Barely knowing left from right nor right from wrong. And the best that we can do is hope a blue bird, will sing his song as we stumble along.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#27re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/18/06 at 9:47am

Because a show that has been around as long as "Chicago" needs name celebrities to draw people back in to see it again, considering most already have. I don't think this is a bad thing at all.

I see Tori actually doing really well in this role.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

Gelfling Profile Photo
Gelfling
#28re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/18/06 at 10:11am

granted, Roxie is not a very difficult part but aren't acting skills required when uh... acting?

Spelling might have succeeded with the fun & sweet rich girl image and that's just fine but she's a TV actress... and one of the worst kind with that... I'm not sure she could act her way out of a brown bag if she didn't have a 15th take... c'mon...

what's next? The cast of Days Of Our Lives in Sweeney Todd?

"What book of rules says that theatre exists only within some ugly buildings crowded into one square-mile of New York City? Wherever there's magic and make-believe and an audience, there's theatre..."

CJR
#29re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/18/06 at 11:41am

OH, and if Tori is in for the 10th anniversary, I will be pissed. We BETTER get a special cast that night.

Good luck getting tickets to the 10th anniversary performance dear. The date is blacked out to the general public until they finalize all the details. It wont be just another anniversary performance as it has been in years past.

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...