pixeltracker

Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)

Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#0Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/17/06 at 1:22pm

I want full credit for predicting this.

"Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
re: If I were a Weissler, I'd...
Posted On: 6/5/06 at 07:29 PM

The newly-hot Tori Spelling would be our next Velma."

Okay, I said Velma, but only 'cause she's blonde.

Just as Rath Said

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
Updated On: 7/17/06 at 01:22 PM

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#1re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/17/06 at 1:25pm

I don't know why, but Im intrigued to see if Tori actually makes her Broadway debut. Roxie might be perfect for her.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/17/06 at 1:28pm

I really think it would work. I think I rather go to see her as Roxie, than Usher as Billy.

I'm just hoping Fran and Barry will cool down with the stunting at one point in the future months, and go back to having strictly Broadway talents in all roles.

OH, and if Tori is in for the 10th anniversary, I will be pissed. We BETTER get a special cast that night.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#3re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/17/06 at 1:28pm

I would go see Tori.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

#4re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/17/06 at 1:29pm

full credit, scraping & bowing to Rathnait!!!!

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#5re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/17/06 at 1:30pm

*giggles*

JarNerdAV Profile Photo
JarNerdAV
#6re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/17/06 at 1:30pm

I was intrigued enought about her performance in the movie "Trick" to rent it on Netflix and she was actually quite funny (her singing was terrible--it was supposed to be, but I'm not sure how hard it was for her to sign badly). Am I intrigued enough to pay for a Broadway ticket to see what she does with Roxie? Not on your life. I don't know that many people would be. But good for her if it works out.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#7re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/17/06 at 1:34pm

"I'm just hoping Fran and Barry will cool down with the stunting at one point in the future months, and go back to having strictly Broadway talents in all roles."

Come on now, we're talking about the Wei$$lers! If they can cast a "star", they'll do it in a New York minute!

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#8re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/17/06 at 1:36pm

Why do you think the show is about to celebrate 10 years? If it was cast with "strictly Broadway talents," it would have been gone years ago.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#9re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/17/06 at 1:37pm

To be fair there are plenty of times where this is no star in the leads.

Before Rita joined. There was no star. It was Charlotte, Brenda, and Obba in the leads.

I do agree if they get the chance at a star, they will ofcourse go for it. But there are definitely times where there are no stars in the show. But it's usually just for a few months, then they'll get a stunt cast. It's like a pattern.

I just can't wait to find out who the anniversary cast will be.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#10re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/17/06 at 1:38pm

Right, but most of the time there are stars. If they never had stars, it wouldn't stay open. Those "plenty of times" are very brief.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#11re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/17/06 at 1:42pm

That's true, they are brief. But they certainly happen.

If I'm not mistaken, for a while Roxie was only stunted like once a year.

2003 was Griffith, 2004 was Paige Davis, and then 2005 was Brooke Shields. But it seems Roxie is getting stunted more often now. Givens, Wilson, and soon it may be Tori.

muscle23ftl
#12re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/17/06 at 1:43pm

Chicago doesn't need a star to sell well, does it? They were mentioning Tori sang badly in Trick and she was trying to sound bad also. Roxie isn't supposed to be talented either, right? Many stars who can't sing played the role.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#13re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/17/06 at 1:43pm

Karen Ziemba played Roxie for about two years, if that makes you feel better. re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#14re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/17/06 at 1:45pm

It does make me feel better, and I wish I saw her in the role. Because I know she must have been fabulous. She also had her own specially designed Roxie costume too, right? I still love the story about the limos with Bebe.
Updated On: 7/17/06 at 01:45 PM

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#15re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/17/06 at 1:47pm

Have they announced a new Velma yet? According to Telecharge, Brenda Braxton leave this Sunday.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#16re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/17/06 at 1:50pm

No new Velma has been announced. I'm assuming Braxton will renew yet again for a while. I LOVE Braxton, but I think she needs some time from this role.

She may switch again soon with tour Velma, Terra MacLeod.

RentBoy86
#17re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/17/06 at 2:06pm

How long has Brenda been doing it? It seems I've heard her name over and over again.

defying_gravity2
#18re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/17/06 at 2:06pm

This could be interesting. Little Donna Matin on Broadway.

Rath, I love your av :)

Pillowpants. 'Nuff said.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#19re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/17/06 at 2:12pm

Tori would be great as Roxie. You have to admit that Tori has great comedic skills and a very sweet self-deprecation. She is very fit and could learn the dancing. I think her own "D-list"ness fits the part of Roxie well as she can relate to the fleeting nature of fame and how cruel life can be. I think she would be a fun asset to the show. She is a talented woman beyond all the fluff about her priviledged life. She takes risks as well and I respect her for that. She's been great in many small indie films and bit parts.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

muscle23ftl
#20re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/17/06 at 2:17pm

I think she is trying to remain busy, her dad just passed away and maybe she wants to keep her head focused on work. Good for her! Her father will be missed.

#21re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/17/06 at 2:20pm

...& just wait til you see Shannen Doherty in GYPSY!!!!!

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#22re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/17/06 at 10:13pm

Thanks, DG2.

ljay, I saw Karen in the role - she was really wonderful. On the My Favorite Broadway: The Leading Ladies DVD, you can see her and Bebe do Nowadays and Hot Honey Rag. They are gorgeous together. Fabulous chemistry.

Updated On: 7/17/06 at 10:13 PM

ashley0139
#23re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/17/06 at 10:18pm

I can actually see that casting. I think she would be good in the role. Props to you, rath, for predicting that one.

2004 was Paige Davis
Oh, memories. That stunt casting actually worked on me. I actually payed a little extra to make sure I got a great seat. But I loved her in the role.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#24re: Is Tori Spelling Chicago-Bound? (Playbill)
Posted: 7/17/06 at 10:20pm

Why is Chicago turning into Dancing with the Stars? (Has been celebrites, ect.)