I would...

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#0I would...
Posted: 7/20/06 at 9:42pm

use the student no one ever responds to posts there. Here's the question: Does anyone have any good Rodgers and Hammerstein-ish solo songs they can recommend? I am so overwhelmed with choices right now- narrowing down would be helpful. I'm a mezzo female

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck
Updated On: 7/20/06 at 09:42 PM

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#1re: I would...
Posted: 7/20/06 at 9:44pm

Are you an alto or soprano?

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#2re: I would...
Posted: 7/20/06 at 9:45pm

In my Own Little Corner - Cinderella
Climb Every Mountain - Sound of Music

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#3re: I would...
Posted: 7/20/06 at 9:47pm

mezzo-soprano - re: I would...

Thanks you for the suggestions!

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

#4re: I would...
Posted: 7/20/06 at 9:48pm

I heart "The Gentleman Is a Dope" from Allegro!

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#5re: I would...
Posted: 7/20/06 at 9:51pm

That's actually the one I was looking at- I love the way Bernadette Peters sings it. It's just so---sad.

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#6re: I would...
Posted: 7/20/06 at 9:51pm

"I Enjoy Being a Girl"--FLOWER DRUM SONG
"It Might As Well Be Spring"--STATE FAIR (LOVE this song)
"Sound of Music"--SOUND OF MUSIC

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#7re: I would...
Posted: 7/20/06 at 10:21pm

Great- I'll check all these out! Thank you so much.

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#8re: I would...
Posted: 7/21/06 at 8:07am

Try "The Next Time It Happens". Originally from Pipe Dream, but sung by Andrea McArdle in the stage State Fair (and also by Lea Salonga in the LA production of Flower Drum Song).

I also think you couldn't go wrong with "Loads of Love," "You Don't Tell Me" or "An Orthodox Fool" from No Strings (which is just Richard Rodgers, lyrics and music).

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

Flahooley Profile Photo
Flahooley
#9re: I would...
Posted: 7/21/06 at 4:59pm

My favorite R&H song EVERYBODYS GOT A HOME from PIPE DREAM. Check it out.

BrightEyedInNYC Profile Photo
BrightEyedInNYC
#10re: I would...
Posted: 7/21/06 at 11:45pm

i second "it might as well be spring" from state fair!

"My Mother's punishing me for going to jail without permission!" ~Penny Pingleton from HaIrSpRaY

Videos