The Pillowman film?

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#0The Pillowman film?
Posted: 9/11/06 at 3:21pm

Does anyone know if this has been picked up for a movie? I think it could be fantastic, personally.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#1re: The Pillowman film?
Posted: 9/11/06 at 3:23pm

I haven't heard anything about it. If there were rumours, I think they would surface somewhere on these boards.

I think it might have some potential for a film, but so much of what made it work was the live theatricality, in my opinion.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

mabel Profile Photo
mabel
#2re: The Pillowman film?
Posted: 9/11/06 at 3:33pm

Unfortunately, Martin McDonagh has been fairly vocal about his opposition to any of his plays being translated to film. While I agree with his sentiment that they are designed as uniquely theatrical pieces, I do think that with some alterations, The Pillowman would make a really exciting film.

I just don't think that's going to happen, though he does seem to be focusing on writing/directing for film now, so surely something interesting will come of that. I'm still miffed that I wasn't able to catch Six Shooter. Does anyone know of anyplace you can download it online (the place I found had taken it down by the time I found it). I wonder if it's on iTunes? Have to look into that.

But when did New Hampshire become--Such a backward wasteland of seatbelt hating crazies?...I mean, only 40 people actually live there. The others are just visitors who come for the tax-free liquor and three inches of novelty coastline. John Hodgeman on The Daily Show (1-30-07)

Teeny Todd Profile Photo
Teeny Todd
#3re: The Pillowman film?
Posted: 9/11/06 at 3:49pm

it is on iTunes.

Videos