News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Teeny Todd

Teeny Todd Profile Photo
Member Name: Teeny Todd
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY Reviews
 Dec 5 2007, 04:43:58 PM
CurtainUp.com is a rave as well. I'm so excited to see this December 16th!

"Yes, "life is very long. . . "(to quote T.S. Elliott, via family patriarch Beverly Weston) and, yes, so is August: Osage County (as noted by our Chicago critic Larry Bommer). But long isn't a bad thing. A boring ninety-minute, intermissionless play can seem endless. But the more than three hours fly by in this terrific three acter a by Tracy Letts, with its bakers' dozen of fully rounded, damaged characters por

re: Sweeney Todd Tour Dates Released
 Jul 12 2007, 01:29:37 PM
No Philadelphia, that makes me sad.
re: Kaye and Hess To Star in Sweeney Todd Tour
 May 4 2007, 10:25:50 AM
This needs to come to Philadelphia.
re: Essential London Cast Recordings
 Jan 22 2007, 04:52:12 PM
Another vote for CHICAGO. Its the best version available.
Best Translation of MOTHER COURAGE?
 Nov 29 2006, 02:28:32 PM
With authors like Ibsen, Chekhov, and Brecht the translation makes or breaks an enjoyable reading experience for me. Does anyone have any opinion on what the best translation available for MOTHER COURAGE is?
re: The Pillowman film?
 Sep 11 2006, 03:49:43 PM
it is on iTunes.
re: Julie Taymor's Grendel
 Jun 25 2006, 12:02:37 PM
i love julie taymor's work. she's really a theatrical visionary. wish i could see it.
re: Favorite Sondheim
 Jun 22 2006, 09:56:09 AM
Sweeney Todd is my favorite, absolutely. I'm currently infatuated with the Revival cast, such a talented bunch. OBC is still essential, though.
re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........
 Jun 21 2006, 09:02:36 AM
thanks for clearing that up for me!
re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........
 Jun 20 2006, 11:14:19 PM
is she really not returning to the show until august 15? that's terrible. who's playing lovett then?
re: Am I the only one who liked the Roundabout's THE WOMEN?
 Feb 15 2006, 02:27:25 PM
i only saw it on pbs, but i really loved it. i didn't like the classic version that much, although it is perfect for it's day. kristen johnson and jennifer coolidge were wonderful, and cynthia nixon was good. jennifer tilly, i love her, but she just didn't do it. i loved entertainment weekly's description of her: "she speaks her lines like a drunk with a tommy gun." priceless.
re: The Pillowman in NYC Area
 Feb 12 2006, 06:59:21 PM
One of the greatest theatrical experiences of my life, period. I saw it in London and on Broadway. I'm glad it's being done.
re: Who's a better Hedda Gabler?
 Sep 20 2005, 12:55:33 PM
They're both brilliant, I'd love to see both of them, but I think Cate Blanchett. If she does it, Nicole Kidman will also do very well, but I think Blanchett has something that Kidman doesn't for the part.
re: Thanks for the VIRGINIA WOOLF production.
 Sep 5 2005, 01:51:48 PM
that's a crime
re: Thanks for the VIRGINIA WOOLF production.
 Sep 5 2005, 04:08:47 AM
another giant has left us...
re: Best Fantine on record...
 Sep 4 2005, 11:25:56 AM
yeah, me too. ruthie henshall.
re: First pics of Sweeney Todd
 Aug 31 2005, 12:09:23 PM
Patti looks kind of dead, but whatever. Maybe that's what they were going for. They're interesting photos, I'm definitely going to see the production. I'm glad they're sticking with the instrument concept for Michael and Patti as well. Can you imagine watching Patti LuPone playing the tuba. Worth the price of admission alone!
re: The Pillowman to Play Final Performance on Sept. 18
 Aug 10 2005, 05:46:52 PM
That is really bizarre. I genuinely expected it to run for at least a year. It's a huge critical and audience success, and to close it just because the original company is leaving seems too easy. Surely it can't be that hard to find worthy replacements. I was actually looking forward to seeing who they would cast next. "The Pillowman" is one of the most extraordinary plays of the decade so far, and it deserves a much longer run, not an untimely death like this.
re: les miserables school edition
 Jul 16 2005, 05:53:34 PM
I did it my senior year of high school and played Thenardier. It was the most fulfilling acting experience I've ever had. The show is drastically cut in some places, the most awful being Valjean and Javert's duet after Fantine's death, where Javert reveals that he was born in the gutter, and the first half of "Stars," which renders the song somewhat confusing at first. Those instances aside, the cuts are pretty well thought out and welcome.

Break a leg, I hope you get in.

re: Hardest You've Ever Cried During A Song?
 Jul 16 2005, 11:18:27 AM
The final moments of "Les Miserables:"
"Do you hear the people sing
lost in the valley of the night?
It is the music of a people
who are climbing to the light.
For the wretched of the earth
there is a flame that never dies.
Even the darkest night will end
and the sun will rise..."

So beautiful.

I also cry through most of "Rent," starting with the title song. I cry because it's so good, so amazingly powerful. And of course I sob all through Angel'

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You