Altar Boyz tour cast announced

Rachel2789 Profile Photo
Rachel2789
#0Altar Boyz tour cast announced
Posted: 9/16/06 at 11:33am

From the Altarholics website:

Ken Davenport and Robyn Goodman, in association with Walt Grossman, Ruth Hendel, Sharon Karmazin, Matt Murphy and Mark Shacket, proudly announce that Matthew Buckner (as Matthew), Ryan J. Ratliff (Mark), John Arthur Greene (Luke), Jay Garcia (Juan) and Nick Blaemire (Abraham – he’s Jewish!) will star in Altar Boyz when it kicks off a 30-week National Tour with a three-week engagement at The LaSalle Bank Theatre (18 West Monroe Street) in Chicago beginning October 10th.

The tour continues on to Austin, Boston, Baltimore, Birmingham, Dallas, Ft. Lauderdale, Hawaii, Los Angeles (3 weeks!), Minneapolis, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco (4 weeks!), Sarasota, Seattle, Tempe, Tucson, and Wilmington. A complete schedule and more information can be found here. Photos of the cast are below. Please click the images for a larger version.

Here are the photos of the cast that they have up:

Matthew Bruckner:

Ryan Ratliff:

John Arthur Greene:

Jay Garcia:

Nick Blaemire:

I'm really looking forward to seeing the show when it comes to Boston and have high hopes for this cast, even though I'm going to miss all of the originals who I got to see last year. And on a more superficial note, I'm happy to see that the cast (especially Matthew Buckner and Jay Garcia, in my opinion) is really good-looking. Altar Boyz tour cast announced

jimnysf
#1re: Altar Boyz tour cast announced
Posted: 9/16/06 at 11:41am

I saw this in NY in a small theatre and really liked it but I don't see it working so well in a huge theatre like the Golden Gate or Orpheum in San Francisco where it will play for four weeks. I wish they would put it into a smaller place.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

snazzier
#2re: Altar Boyz tour cast announced
Posted: 9/16/06 at 1:55pm

Aww, cute! Ken Davenport is actually from central Mass, so maybe he'll make a stop back home!

eslgr8 Profile Photo
eslgr8
kyle. Profile Photo
kyle.
#4re: Altar Boyz tour cast announced
Posted: 9/17/06 at 2:46pm

Nick is amazing.

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#5re: Altar Boyz tour cast announced
Posted: 9/17/06 at 5:36pm

cool! i hope they're good :)