Sybil

TheaterJunkie
#0Sybil
Posted: 9/27/06 at 4:10pm

This is sort of off topic, but does anyone know when the remake of the T.V. movie Sybil is going to be on? I loved the original and how could anyone play Sybil as well as Sally Field?!!

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#1re: Sybil
Posted: 9/27/06 at 4:23pm

No official announcement nor mention has been made by CBS yet (it's not on their website either), but some speculate it could air during sweeps in November (2006) or as late as May (2007).

No one knows anything yet. Sorry.

elvenprincess971 Profile Photo
elvenprincess971
#2re: Sybil
Posted: 9/27/06 at 4:28pm

I didn't know they were doing that... why??

WHY RUIN SUCH A FABULOUS FILM?

*despair*

I have no idea how I will ever see another actress playing Sybil either... sad, really.

Love, Miss Britt

StageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
#3re: Sybil
Posted: 9/27/06 at 5:15pm

... but not the end of the world.

Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia

TheaterJunkie
#4re: Sybil
Posted: 12/2/06 at 10:22am

I know I'm bring this thread back from the dead, but does anyone have new information on this film?? I'm dying to know when it is coming out!!!

BrodyFosse123
#5re: Sybil
Posted: 12/2/06 at 11:16am

Nope. No 'new' info on this TV movie remake.

All CBS says: sometime in 2007, so it can be anytime.
Since they haven't mentioned nor announced it anywhere, they can air it anytime they want, with at least a month's advance notice.

buffyactsing Profile Photo
buffyactsing
#6re: Sybil
Posted: 12/2/06 at 5:45pm

According to my listings it's airing on the WE channel next monday (the 11th) at 9.

"This ocean runs more dark and deep than you may think you know...I'll be the fear of the fire at sea." -Marie Christine

TomMonster Profile Photo
TomMonster
#7re: Sybil
Posted: 12/2/06 at 5:47pm

Are you sure it's not the original version, buffyactsing?

"It's not so much do what you like, as it is that you like what you do." SS

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." GMarx

Joelbeans
#8re: Sybil
Posted: 12/2/06 at 5:51pm

I have always loved this movie. I had no idea they were remaking it into a TV movie. I have always wanted to make this movie into a stage musical. How cool would it be to have a whole bunch of mirrors on stage, and when ever Sybil became a diferent personality she would got to a mirror and the character would appear. and if the character would have a song the mirror would revolve and the personality character would come on stage....I know sounds stupid, butI have though about this for the longest time.

TomMonster Profile Photo
TomMonster
#9re: Sybil
Posted: 12/2/06 at 5:54pm

Joel, I think a musicalization of this drama would become the next Carrie. Unless it was a spoof, there would be no way to make it work without giggles throughout the audience.

"Hold Your Water"--I'm dying here! A whole chorus of voices in my head...

"It's not so much do what you like, as it is that you like what you do." SS

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." GMarx

BrodyFosse123
#10re: Sybil
Posted: 12/2/06 at 6:28pm

buffyactsing be referring to the WE channel's regular airings of the original 1976 TV version (with Ms. Field and Ms. Woodard).

As soon as an announcement of the Ms. Lange and Ms. Blanchard CBS TV version happens, I'm sure it'll be everywhere -- including this Message Board.

buffyactsing Profile Photo
buffyactsing
#11re: Sybil
Posted: 12/2/06 at 11:05pm

According to my listings it's the new version. I was going according to my tivo listings but maybe it's wrong.

"This ocean runs more dark and deep than you may think you know...I'll be the fear of the fire at sea." -Marie Christine

WithOneLook Profile Photo
WithOneLook
#12re: Sybil
Posted: 12/3/06 at 12:50am

"...and the people and the people THE PEOPLE THE PEOPLE.."

BrodyFosse123
#13re: Sybil
Posted: 12/3/06 at 1:53am

Per WE Channel's website -- it is indeed the original 1976 NBC TV version with Sally Field and Joanne Woodward.

The new CBS version is a 'new' version...and will air on CBS.

WE Schedule for 1976 "Sybil"

Updated On: 12/3/06 at 01:53 AM

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#14re: Sybil
Posted: 12/3/06 at 1:57am

I do like the idea of Sybil singing in 16-part harmony with herself, in a chorus of personalities.

It gives new meaning to "I'm a brass band, I'm a harpsichord..."

She really COULD be all those things... at once.

Plus I love the idea of seeing "Sybil!" (with the exclamation mark) on a Broadway marquee.

With the slogan: "Get yourself together and hurry on down to the Palace Theatre!"

*cringe*

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Videos