Theater Interiors

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#1Theater Interiors
Posted: 11/3/06 at 7:45pm

I can't find the link, but there was a website that showed the interiors of most of the Broadway theaters. Can anyone direct me to that link? Thanks!

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

actor
#1re: Theater Interiors
Posted: 11/3/06 at 7:53pm

Isn't that illegal?

TheMecca
#2re: Theater Interiors
Posted: 11/3/06 at 7:55pm

1. IBDB can help, other than that I have no idea and I would be interested in finding another site.
2. It's not illegal unless it's during a performance, IIRC.

clarkstallings
#3re: Theater Interiors
Posted: 11/3/06 at 8:00pm

To be more specific, it can be illegal if the show is not in progress if the stage is set to a particular thing specific to the show. For example, if you went into the majestic while phantom isn't playing, it would be illegal to take pictures of the stage if it's preset for the show. Even if the stage was empty, the false proscenium would be off limits photographically as well.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#4re: Theater Interiors
Posted: 11/3/06 at 8:04pm

You cannot take pictures in any broadway house no matter what. This is due to union restrictions

Poster Emeritus

millie_dillmount
#5re: Theater Interiors
Posted: 11/3/06 at 9:06pm

No I am not looking for candid shots someone took. There was specifically a website that showed the history of the different theaters, and these were copyrighted pictures that showed interiors of the houses...they do this all the time on various theater venues.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#6re: Theater Interiors
Posted: 11/3/06 at 9:30pm

IBDB.com has many pictures.

Shubert Organization Theaters

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

millie_dillmount
#7re: Theater Interiors
Posted: 11/4/06 at 1:06am

Thanks! That's what I was looking for.

Videos