Spring Awakening love

silversurfer2
#975re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/23/07 at 11:21am

I agree. He is very talented. It is just going to be very hard to find the same chemistry. JBW & Gideon had something really special together. Gideon has that wonderful innocense, naive qualtiy and that voice...the audiences love him.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#976re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/23/07 at 1:24pm

So you don't want to give me the link?

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

OnMyWay Profile Photo
OnMyWay
#977re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/23/07 at 2:03pm

No need to get snappy. www.myspace.com/springawakeningonbroadway

Pun (the moderator) verifies the information in the comment section.

"People that excel in the arts understand that the journey is the reward...the result an added bonus. Every day I act or train is a blessing and a dream come true. If Broadway beckons so be it. I have a personal definition of success that is unshakable by a possibly unobtainable goal." -HamletWasBipolar

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#978re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/23/07 at 3:56pm

"I think Robi Hager would be a good replacement for Ernst."

You have to be kidding me.

jg4892
#979re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/23/07 at 4:05pm

What's so wrong with that?

gymdudeva
#980re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/23/07 at 4:28pm

This is why I rarely post on this board anymore. I post a nice, innocent opinion and just get a sarcastic response as if I'm an idiot with no taste.

Yes, I think Robi has a lot of the same qualities that Gideon has. I would not cast Robi in most of the other roles, I concede that he's not the strongest or most versitile performer ever, but I've always thought he could play Ernst just fine.

In fact, I never really liked Gideon...I can't put my finger on it, but he's the only one of the bunch I never cared for. I'd rather see Robi play him. SO SHOOT ME.

silversurfer2
#981re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/23/07 at 4:59pm

I agree with part of your opinion{gymdudeva}** But that is all we have and we should respect one another's opinion. I happen to love Gideon as Ernst, and the chemistry he shares with JBW. But, I have seen Robi play the role and he was very good. Over time, he would make it his own. But, I have a feeling, they would hire someone new, rather than replace Robi who is a swing. Harder to find another swing at this point. It was just something Gideon said when I was talking to him on Sat. Eve. But Robi is a very talented performer. Just my opinion.

Becoz_i_knew_you21
#982re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/23/07 at 7:10pm

I'm not to crazy about Robi. That's all.

Updated On: 7/23/07 at 07:10 PM

jg4892
#983re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/23/07 at 7:15pm

Robi's really good...the fact that you don't like him doesn't warrant a "you've got to be kidding me" as if he's crazy or something.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#984re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/23/07 at 7:16pm

I actually liked Robi as Ernst.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Becoz_i_knew_you21
#985re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/23/07 at 7:18pm

Anyway, Gideon's last day is August 25th.

OnMyWay Profile Photo
OnMyWay
#986re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/23/07 at 9:46pm

I'm excited to see Gideon moving on to new things, even though he is pitchy in every performance. I think they should replace him with someone new. Robi isn't (in my opinion) good enough to take over the role.

"People that excel in the arts understand that the journey is the reward...the result an added bonus. Every day I act or train is a blessing and a dream come true. If Broadway beckons so be it. I have a personal definition of success that is unshakable by a possibly unobtainable goal." -HamletWasBipolar

Becoz_i_knew_you21
#987re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/23/07 at 11:41pm

Here is an article about Matt going on as Melchior in the NY Times.

HERE Updated On: 7/24/07 at 11:41 PM

silversurfer2
#988re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/24/07 at 9:30am

In every performance that I have seen, I never noticed Gideon being "Pitcy"-In fact, I think he has a beautiful voice. I think Robi will take over the role until they find a replacment. I will be at the show this Friday-I will speak to Gideon and Robi and find out more definite details.

gymdudeva
#989re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/24/07 at 9:45am

OK *group hug*

Yeah I guess it would be harder to replace a swing. It just seems that Robi is the type they would be looking for in an Ernst. However, I have not seen him in the role, so maybe he is not strong enough to play it full time. But he has gone on for that role several times, so he can't be THAT far off the mark.

I really *don't* like Gideon's voice. That nasally falsetto or whatever is not to my taste. And he uses that in his dialog too, ugh! It makes me gringe. Just MHO.

INTELLIGENT QUESTION ALERT: Who casts replacements? The show's director is obviously usulaly not involved past a certain point. The company manager? Someone else? Some agency, in part? And as for understudies (who goes on on a certain night) that IS the stage manger's call, right?

silversurfer2
#990re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/24/07 at 10:23am

*OK Group Hug*
Some inside info: Michael Mayer has the last word on replacements along w/ the Co Manager.
As far as undestudys-they have a rotation.
For instance, Gerard will go on for Gallagher on 8/18. If JG is out again, then it would be Brian's turn.

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#991re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/24/07 at 10:34am

Here is an article about Matt going on as Melchior as the NY Times.
Melchior went on as The New York Times? Interesting.

To answer the casting question, the casting director for SPRING AWAKENING is Jim Carnahan. Michael Mayer and the creative team do have the final say, though. And it's up to the company manager and stage manager who goes on for what show.

jg4892
#992re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/24/07 at 12:27pm

The producers also have some say.

Becoz_i_knew_you21
#993re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/24/07 at 2:50pm

Very funny Elle.

popular_elphie
#994re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/24/07 at 3:39pm

I thought so :).

silversurfer2
#995re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/24/07 at 4:30pm

If anyone is interested in going to the Philly Folk Festival to see JGallagher & OLD SPRINGS PIKE Here is the web site : http://www.pfs.org/PFF_4.php

Clarinetbiter135 Profile Photo
Clarinetbiter135
#996re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/24/07 at 4:43pm

You have to be logged in to see the article (the nytimes one).... no fun

And yeah.... Gideon is fairly pitchy during parts (but then again, he's not the only one....) but he's a joy to watch. He'll do well!

Quick question.... does anyone know when December/January onstage seats go on sale?

Becoz_i_knew_you21
#997re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/24/07 at 4:44pm

Hey, Elle/The Q does this seem familiar to you?

re: Spring Awakening Love

Anyways, what silver posted about Old Springs Pike is why Gallagher is taking that day off.
Updated On: 7/24/07 at 04:44 PM

silversurfer2
#998re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/24/07 at 4:50pm

Yeah, Sorry-The date is Sat 8/18 Philly Folk Festival-OSP is playing in the afternoon. And yes, that is why he took a personal day. I wonder if the Student Rush for GERARD will be anything like it was for MATT...very interesting. I know on SAT at the SD, Gerard was pushing everyone to come see him. The guy is really excited.

popular_elphie
#999re: Spring Awakening Love
Posted: 7/24/07 at 4:58pm

Hey, Samantha, I really hated that movie. Not the biggest fan of Ashton Kutcher. By the way, I wasn't the one who brought up that idea, but I will definitely say that it's a vaid point. Someone could interpret it that way. Just like the stomping. For the last time - if it didn't add to the character of Ilse, the director would've told her to cut it out. Yes, Lauren's a rocker, but if her character wasn't supposed to be angry, Michael Mayer'd tell her to cool it.

And since you're a "mod" and all, how about you check my IP address, and then check The_Q's? I find it hilarious that you use your status to lock a post where you're the one that started the trouble. For instance, posting a picture of spinach in the John Gallagher birthday thread. Just pretend like nothing happened.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've really got to get back to having a life. You should try it!