pixeltracker

My Fair Lady and West Side Story

My Fair Lady and West Side Story

bohemianxsunshine Profile Photo
bohemianxsunshine
#1My Fair Lady and West Side Story
Posted: 1/21/07 at 6:41pm

I love these musicals and I think there should be a revival for them. To me, they are classics and of course masterpieces. In my opinion, My Fair Lady wouldn't last as long as West Side Story would but it's worth a try. Any one else agree they should come back?

theatre major, class of 2011 ♥
MARIAN: Well, what would you like to take out?
HAROLD HILL: The librarian.
MARIAN: Quiet, please!
HAROLD HILL: (whispering)The librarian.

I would like to invite you to Voices for Rent! The Official Rent fanbase! Come and join your fellow RENTheads!

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#2re: My Fair Lady and West Side Story
Posted: 1/21/07 at 6:43pm

I favour MY FAIR LADY over WEST SIDE STORY everytime.

My Strongest Suit Profile Photo
My Strongest Suit
#2re: My Fair Lady and West Side Story
Posted: 1/21/07 at 6:44pm

i vote my fair lady! i would love to see that on stage!

LET OTHERS RISE TO TAKE OUR PLACE UNTIL THE EARTH IS FREE!

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#3re: My Fair Lady and West Side Story
Posted: 1/21/07 at 7:23pm

Would love to see WSS on stage, if just to see the original Robbins dances live.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

shesamarshmallow
#4re: My Fair Lady and West Side Story
Posted: 1/21/07 at 7:26pm

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I think the film of West Side Story is a really poor adaptation - so I'd love to see a WSS revival.

Whatever happened to the rumors about Keira Knightly in MFL on stage or screen? Didn't she sign a deal?

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

bohemianxsunshine
#5re: My Fair Lady and West Side Story
Posted: 1/21/07 at 7:28pm

I don't know. I miss those musicals though :/ My opinion is that Kristin Chenoweth should be Eliza if it ever comes back to Broadway.

I would like to invite you to Voices for Rent! The Official Rent fanbase! Come and join your fellow RENTheads!

shesamarshmallow
#6re: My Fair Lady and West Side Story
Posted: 1/21/07 at 7:31pm

I think Rachel York would be fab.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

ThankstoPhantom
#7re: My Fair Lady and West Side Story
Posted: 1/21/07 at 7:32pm

She's actually spoken about wanting the role at some point in her career (she joked, though, it better happen soon before she gets old).

I saw a fantastic performance of My Fair Lady at Providence, RI's Trinity Repertory back in 2000. Two pianos dead center, a wooden stage, a spiral staricase, and four chairs and a table...one incredibly intimate evening

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

bohemianxsunshine
#8re: My Fair Lady and West Side Story
Posted: 1/21/07 at 7:35pm

The town's high school did a production of My Fair Lady last year, that's when I fell in love with it.

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#9re: My Fair Lady and West Side Story
Posted: 1/21/07 at 7:39pm

MY FAIR LADY is a gorgeous show and should be revived, and has been relatively frequently.

WEST SIDE STORY is also brilliant, and is overdue for a first class revival. The last one on Broadway was in 1980.

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

Videos