News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for My Strongest Suit

My Strongest Suit Profile Photo
Member Name: My Strongest Suit
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.myspace.com/dancergurl05
Blog Address:
Profile: I love Broadway. I live in San Francisco and I wish I was in New York City. Anyone want to switch? :)

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Shows You Own More Than One Cast Recording or Soundtrack of  Jan 29 2008, 10:13:03 PM
Les Miserables (original london cast, complete symphonic recording, 10th anniversary concert recording, original frech concept album)
re: Sweeney Todd Movie Review Thread  Dec 21 2007, 06:59:53 PM
I saw the midnight showing last night and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. I was so nervous they were going to ruin it with actors that couldn't sing. Johnny Depp acted this role amazingly (as I knew he would) and his singing wasn't bad either. My biggest complaint is Helena Bonham Carter. She could not sing and her lack of inflection in her voice when she sang just made her performance "dead". I wish they had gotten someone who could sing better. That would have added so much to the film.
re: Avenue Q Tour  Dec 5 2007, 08:43:25 PM
saw it in san francsico and thought it was great. the theatre didn't seem too big for the show.
re: ENCHANTED - references to classic disney animated musicals  Nov 22 2007, 02:34:13 AM
saw it this afternoon and i thouroughly enjoyed it. :) Sleeping Beauty is my favorite disney princess and so i loved the fact that the film started as a book on a pedestal just like sleeping beauty and the "evil queen" also turns into a dragon just like in sleeping beauty. great movie, enjoyable for all ages.

i did notice the "strains". that was so cool. :)

re: Worst performances you've seen  Nov 16 2007, 01:56:47 AM
Daphne Ruben-Vega in Les Mis
Les Mis is my favorite show ever but I was never so happy to see her die. :/

re: Everyone I meet at stage doors  Aug 22 2007, 12:52:23 AM
true that. :)
re: Do you feel that Sondheim is a better composer or lyricist?  Aug 22 2007, 12:15:58 AM
composer. definately his music.
re: Harry Potter: the Musical!  Aug 1 2007, 12:29:02 AM
while i LOVE harry potter - the books, the movies, the characters, the story - it should never be made into a musical. it would take all credibility away from the franchise.
re: NEWSIES on BROADWAY (Dream Cast and Crew)  Jul 15 2007, 09:59:48 PM
just for the record - i LOVE this movie. coincidentally my friend and i have talked extensively about how this would work on stage. we've thought about where songs need to be added and i've even designed some set pieces. i would love to see this on stage. add some scenes and more character development and i think it would be great on stage. can you imagine a stage full of people dancing and singing on a scale not seen often now-a-days. i would be totally for it.
re: For those seeing COMPANY this coming Saturday June 30, 2007...  Jun 30 2007, 05:29:57 PM
thanks frogs_fan!
re: For those seeing COMPANY this coming Saturday June 30, 2007...  Jun 30 2007, 04:08:32 PM
hey, does anyone know when they're airing the taping of Company? i cannot find it anywhere - not on tvguide.com or pbs.com. are they just taping it and airing it at a later date cause i just assumed they were doing it like light in the piazza and airing it live.
frontrowcentre2 - Thanks for putting a website like this together  Jun 27 2007, 03:16:41 PM
here's mine:
http://www.castalbums.org/users/512/collection/

re: Pirate Queen to close June 17  Jun 7 2007, 01:23:10 AM
darn, i really wanted to see this. i'm going to NYC in august - i wish it would hang on til then. oh well, hopefully it will tour or something.
re: Pirate Queen Cast Recording?  May 15 2007, 04:19:30 PM
i'm with you amalou. i really wanted a lestat recording as well. i hope this comes through.
re: Your initial Tony Winner reactions...  May 15 2007, 04:15:32 PM
i just hope spring awakening doesn't win. i'm sick of all the hype and it really wasn't that amazing. i wouldn't be sad if mary poppins wins, it certainly has the wow factor.
re: Great songs in flops  May 11 2007, 02:43:13 PM
LESTAT - I Want More, I'll Never Have that Chance
re: Beauty and the Beast farewell tour??  May 7 2007, 02:44:10 PM
i think it should tour and then it should totally come to Disneyland! it could run at the Hyperion Theater in California Adventure. That would be awesome. :)
re: Most memorable dance moments in musicals?  May 3 2007, 03:36:53 PM
"Step in Time" - Mary Poppins
"I hope I get it" (the really big music part in the beginning after "5,6,7,8!) - A Chorus Line
"Cool" - West Side Story
"One (finale)" - A Chorus Line (i almost forgot that one) :)
"America" - West Side Story

SPRING AWAKENING winner worst lighting!  Apr 26 2007, 07:23:04 PM
i'm surprised that aaron lazar got nominated but alex gemignan(sp?) did not. i thought he did an amazing job as valjean. i really think he deserves the nomination.
re: Would Patti LuPone make a good Matron in Chicago?  Apr 20 2007, 06:43:43 PM
i think she would be amazing!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You