bebe and the camera....

Myfavmeatpie Profile Photo
Myfavmeatpie
#1bebe and the camera....
Posted: 1/22/07 at 3:57pm

I heard at the Saturday performance of Chicago Bebe stormed into the house at intermission with the stage managers demanding a video camera from a patron. was anyone there? I want the dish?

BroadwaySUZ
#2re: bebe and the camera....
Posted: 1/22/07 at 4:24pm

I don't know about on Saturday, but I was there on Wednesday during the matinee and that happened.

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#2re: bebe and the camera....
Posted: 1/22/07 at 4:26pm

is it just me, or does bebe get crazier and crazier..

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

iluvtheatertrash
#3re: bebe and the camera....
Posted: 1/22/07 at 4:29pm

Why does that make her crazy? Videotaping is ILLEGAL.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

Myfavmeatpie Profile Photo
Myfavmeatpie
#4re: bebe and the camera....
Posted: 1/22/07 at 4:30pm

It might have been wednesday. I heard this from a friend of a friend. But according to him she was screaming, and throwing a temper tantrum in front of the whole house....gosh i wish i had been there.

Mandi Moo Profile Photo
Mandi Moo
#5re: bebe and the camera....
Posted: 1/22/07 at 4:34pm

That is awesome.

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#6re: bebe and the camera....
Posted: 1/22/07 at 4:40pm

yes it IS illegal.. and not right..

but is it really necessary to "storm out into the house" at intermission. it obviously could've been handled much differently, i don't know if that's how you prefer to handle things, but i prefer not to make such a scene. she is obviously being a drama queen! and i know that is her job, but bebe darling, save it for the stage!

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

iluvtheatertrash
#7re: bebe and the camera....
Posted: 1/22/07 at 4:48pm

Let's put it this way,

Bebe's performance is so stunning that I don't give a crap what she does offa that stage!

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

C is for Company
#8re: bebe and the camera....
Posted: 1/22/07 at 4:48pm

"All she never needed was the fanbase and the cameras and the chaaaaaaaance to dance for illegal viewers!"

syzygy619
#9re: bebe and the camera....
Posted: 1/22/07 at 4:51pm

This was Wednesday night. I was sitting in the mezz so I couldn't see everything that happened. There was a guy sitting in the front who was obviously a tourist and had a large video camera out filming curtain call. He might have been filming before but I couldn't see. Bebe didn't really throw a temper tantrum. After she bowed she just asked the guy to give her the camera before she went offstage and he did.

Yankeefan007
#10re: bebe and the camera....
Posted: 1/22/07 at 4:54pm

I was suspected of recording Caine Mutiny Court Martial because I had my off cell phone on my lap. When I was questioned (by an overzealous security guard and Zeljko Ivanek), I showed them that the cell phone doesn't have the capabilities to do so. Boy, were they redfaced in embarassment....and, with the demeanor they used, very deserving of losing their jobs the next day when it closed.

C is for Company
#11re: bebe and the camera....
Posted: 1/22/07 at 4:57pm

What a lackluster show Mutiny was. It had some really good key moments, especially with the comedic interviews, but otherwise, what a cheap production. The sets for Suddenly, Last Summer were absolutely thrilling to sit by and to see Caine Mutiny on Broadway was a slight embarassment to view in terms of the production quality.

Videos