beauty and the beast.

rosiematt
#1beauty and the beast.
Posted: 2/7/07 at 12:02pm

hey,
if anyone can give me a quick answer to this, i'd appreciate it.
i saw beauty and the beast about 10 yrs. ago and i haven't been in lunt fontanne in a long time. wanna take my (very short) 4 year old (no not too young, this will be 3rd b'way show) i saw tickets in c row on the aisle (aisle is always good for a 4 y.o. in case of unexpected potty trips. what are opinions? too close?

thanks

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#2re: beauty and the beast.
Posted: 2/7/07 at 12:11pm

Too close.

But not because she's 4, because it's just too close for that show.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

rosiematt
#2re: beauty and the beast.
Posted: 2/7/07 at 12:31pm

thanks -
how bout 'L' row

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#3re: beauty and the beast.
Posted: 2/7/07 at 12:34pm

Better.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

rosiematt
#4re: beauty and the beast.
Posted: 2/7/07 at 12:35pm

thanks again

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#5re: beauty and the beast.
Posted: 2/7/07 at 2:26pm

I actually like being "too close" so it's whatever floats your boat. The Lunt is pretty small but the first few rows aren't as "close" as everyone makes it seem.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#6re: beauty and the beast.
Posted: 2/7/07 at 2:29pm

Row L is definitely better. You can also always get a booster seat from the theater, just in case she can't see. You might also consider using diapers or training pants to reduce potty trips; I've done that with my son when I've taken him to the theater.

Lizzya9
#7re: beauty and the beast.
Posted: 2/7/07 at 5:45pm

too close? is there such a thing when seeing a show? I would think you would want to get as close as possible...

ThankstoPhantom
#8re: beauty and the beast.
Posted: 2/7/07 at 5:51pm

Depends on the show and preference. But really, sitting too close can obstruct your view (little heads floating about Upstage) or it can overwhelm you with the big picture. Sometimes the effects may be ruined for you because you'll easily see everything.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#9re: beauty and the beast.
Posted: 2/7/07 at 6:07pm

I've sat "close" plenty of times and don't recall seeing just "little heads."

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

ThankstoPhantom
#10re: beauty and the beast.
Posted: 2/7/07 at 6:08pm

I'm speaking generally.

ETA: Also, I said you may see them Upstage, aka, "the back of the stage" in lay terms. Granted, it doesn't happen at every show, it depends.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...
Updated On: 2/7/07 at 06:08 PM