pixeltracker

The Phantom Of Manhattan Update- Page 2

The Phantom Of Manhattan Update

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#25re: The Phantom Of Manhattan Update
Posted: 3/4/07 at 4:08pm

I don't really have a problem with a phantom sequel, but Phantom of Manhattan? Let's take some of the most romantic characters ever written and strip them of all appeal and turn it into a musical! Yeash. ALW could come up with such a better plot, I mean my brother could come up with a better plot and he's 9.

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#26re: The Phantom Of Manhattan Update
Posted: 3/4/07 at 4:10pm

How about combining Phanton & Cats ?

Have the Phantom , in his lair, operating a shelter for old homeless Cats .

Just a thought

Poster Emeritus

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#27re: The Phantom Of Manhattan Update
Posted: 3/4/07 at 4:11pm

Oh goodness! Lol.

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

BDrischBDemented
#28re: The Phantom Of Manhattan Update
Posted: 3/4/07 at 4:28pm

Maybe to help recoup from Sunset Blvd. losses, they could also incorporate that with Cats and Phantom, like the Phantom and his Cats all live with Norma Desmond.

"Your lyrics lack subtlety! You can't just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!"

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#29re: The Phantom Of Manhattan Update
Posted: 3/4/07 at 4:30pm

Like that even better

We could even teach everyone to skate around the theater

Poster Emeritus

StageGuy99 Profile Photo
StageGuy99
#30re: The Phantom Of Manhattan Update
Posted: 3/4/07 at 6:08pm

Oh I think Disney apparently has the skating around the stage covered with LM... let's not encourage any more of that!

"The stage is not merely the meeting place of all the arts, but it is also the return of art to life." -Oscar Wilde

fiyerostwin552
#31re: The Phantom Of Manhattan Update
Posted: 5/15/07 at 5:32pm

hi! guess what people? I am going to audition for ALW'S new musical Phantom of Manhattan! Yay! If u have read the book, I want to be the part of....well.....nvm.... I REALLY WANT THIS PART! I <3 THEATRE!

EganFan2
#32re: The Phantom Of Manhattan Update
Posted: 5/15/07 at 6:56pm

Say what? They aren't even casting yet.

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#33re: The Phantom Of Manhattan Update
Posted: 5/15/07 at 7:05pm

I haven't read the book, but I have a problem if it ignores the ending of Leroux's novel. The ending of Leroux's novel clearly states that the Opera Ghost is dead. For someone to just go ahead and not only ignore it but try and twist it to make a sequel doesn't really sit well with me.

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#34re: The Phantom Of Manhattan Update
Posted: 5/15/07 at 7:15pm

Well, Yeston's version twisted the plot so much that it is not even recognizable to do his version, and a lot of people prefer it to ALW's version.

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

#35re: The Phantom Of Manhattan Update
Posted: 5/15/07 at 7:51pm

OK I think this is such a luicrous idea that I'm almost fascinated to watch. Maybe if it doesn't happen he can get Disney's asian tv studios to crank out a direct to video version of what he's written so far re: The Phantom Of Manhattan Update

(Does anyone else remember in the 90s when Webber briefly discussed a Las Vegas theme park based on his shows???)

Either way though some of you defenders of the original novel are acting liek Leroux woulda given a **** if someone wrote a sequel to his story saying the Phantom didn't die, etc etc. The man CHURNED out these stories--he enjoyed what he did but he didn't seem to care about adaptations of them and faithfulness or anything liek that--he wrote detective fiction to be enjoyed and then forgotten about.

E

fiyerostwin552
#36re: The Phantom Of Manhattan Update
Posted: 5/16/07 at 4:39am

well, I sent in my resume early b/c i heard about the musical on this sie. I knew that there was a part (lead major to the ending!) for my age group.. but i porbably won't get it. i did get an email from ALW'S PA (personal assistant) saying that she was glad to recieve my CV (?) and said that they would keep it on file b/c they r still developing the script... she said they would keep me updated on info for auditions. ok gtg now. Our grade is leaving for Washington DC @ 5:30, and i have to be @ the school. won't be back until friday! see u later!

musical_devotee Profile Photo
musical_devotee
#37re: The Phantom Of Manhattan Update
Posted: 5/16/07 at 6:07am

ALW confirmed yesterday on his site that after the Joseph TV show is over, he'll go away to work on The Phantom sequel and that he put aside The Master and Margarita for now. Keeping my fingers crossed for the sequel....

EganFan2
#38re: The Phantom Of Manhattan Update
Posted: 5/16/07 at 8:37pm

>>well, I sent in my resume early b/c i heard about the musical on this sie. I knew that there was a part (lead major to the ending!) for my age group.. but i porbably won't get it. i did get an email from ALW'S PA (personal assistant) saying that she was glad to recieve my CV (?) and said that they would keep it on file b/c they r still developing the script... she said they would keep me updated on info for auditions. ok gtg now. Our grade is leaving for Washington DC @ 5:30, and i have to be @ the school. won't be back until friday! see u later! <<<

A "CV" is the British equivalent of a resume.

I hope it was better written than your posts.